What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC ODI World Cup Oct-Nov 2023

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well considering I thought it looked like it was going to be a trainwreck of a world cup like England are having after 2 games to qualify for the semis is still a decent turnaround but also the bare minimum.

Sort of the kept that tiny aura we still have about 50 over WCs. Despite the fact there are so many holes in this team right now.

We have lucked in with perennial chokers South Africa as our semi-finals opponents. Win the toss and bat first we more then likely win.

Which leads us to India in the final. Well we basically need I reckon Travis Head, Maxwell with the at or Starc with the ball to pull off a miracle with a x-factor performance that takes away the game from India to win it.

Inglis and Stoinis are the weak links of this side.

The selectors won't go back to Carey this late in the tournament but for me Inglis glove work still feels a little shoddy and his batting currently doesn't make up for it.

Stoinis is the biggest fraud we have seen in this white ball side in a long time. You have to play Smith and Marnus now to carry the extra batting insurance. With Inglis and Stoinis just spudding it up.

We have Head, Marsh and Maxwell to get through 20 overs between them.

mozza91

Coach
Sweet lord. Went to bed hoping we’d get within 150 and wake up to us winning the merkin.
Would make sweet tender love to that weird, balding Victorian if he asked nicely. Insane hitting.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Maxxy the champ

noseless-edge-meme.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Clearly the Plod Show should get concussions more often. Not having to think about moving his feet also seems to help.

He's a very stupid man but when it comes together he can sure bat. That's what makes him so frustrating. Epic knock this game and he'll probs reverse sweep a half volley straight to point with no cover next

King-Gutho94

Coach
Today its the battle for European supremacy:
England v Netherlands.
I give the Dutch a chance if they bat first and post 240-250.

I think if England bat first they may get there tails up if they get close to 300. And roll through them with the ball.

But if the Dutch bat first and post a decent competitive score.

England will probably feel like they are chasing 350 and are mentally cooked.

undertaker

Coach
Still buzzing from that at nearly 4:30. Simply remarkable innings. What a pity so many are asleep to not witness it. I take back every bad word I've ever said about the BIG SHOW

(until next game).
Glad I stayed up to witness the innings. Members on this forum that don't live in NSW/ACT/Victoria/Tasmania, spare a thought for us that stayed up until nearly 4am!

Was very tempted to go to bed at 7/91, but after the Mujeeb dropped catch when Maxy was on 33 and then watching Maxy get to his 50, I thought the Aussies were a slight chance at that moment.

Once the equation got under a run a ball being required for victory, that's when my confidence went through the roof that Australia were going to win (although it didn't sink in until that last six which won the game). Had Maxy got out then, I believe Cummins and Zampa could've easily nudged the singles around to score the remaining runs. Cummins already had experience with this type of scenario during the Ashes test at Edgbaston, and well played to him to last that long and hang in there during a pressure situation. The other Aussie batsmen that threw away their wicket cheaply could learn a lesson or two from Postman Pat

Fangs

Coach
Psycho can stay in our short format teams as long as he likes.

Even at 40 next WC. There is no one else like him. You'll take 35 with the bat playing 7. Spin bowling not too bad either and a good fieldsman.

Latest posts