What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Newcastle beat Canberra tomorrow......

thommo4pm

Coach
Can we basically say the top 8 is done and dusted, and it's just where those sides in the 8 finish.

Newcastle win, and they'll go to 26, 4 points clear of 9th and really I can't see anyone catching the teams in 7 & 8. For and against for the sides out of the 8 is also poor.

HowHigh

Coach
I'd say so
Bulldogs points differential will screw them over, they just don't have enough points in them even if they do notch up a few more wins

BunniesMan

Immortal
Can we basically say the top 8 is done and dusted, and it's just where those sides in the 8 finish.

Newcastle win, and they'll go to 26, 4 points clear of 9th and really I can't see anyone catching the teams in 7 & 8. For and against for the sides out of the 8 is also poor.
No. It will come down to the round 26 game against the Knights. We're going to beat them, we're going to get in the 8.

ceagle

Bench
I think the top 8 will end up as

1.Melbourne
2.Manly
3.Brisbane
4.Nth Qld
5.Dragons
6.Tigers
7.Warriors
8.Knights

HowHigh

Coach
No. It will come down to the round 26 game against the Knights. We're going to beat them, we're going to get in the 8.
I suppose the bunnies do have a couple winnable games remaining:
Eels, Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos, Knights

But with a points difference of -84 its not looking good.

Billythekid

First Grade
On the flip side what if the knights lose? Then they have to face the broncos and the warriors the following 2 weeks which will be a tough ask. Their final 2 games are against the dogs and rabbits which are the 2 teams they will be contending with.

Pretty big game in terms of the top 8 race.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I agree, that's a big occasion up there. Dragons have managed it I think, in the past couple of years but not too many sides have done it
You guys did it because you're a premiership winning team and the game was still a close one. Souths are .... Souths :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah ok.....means you guys might struggle also then, given you are still 3 behnd us, and if we are going so bad, why did you struggle to put us away?
*We're 4/4 and have beat three top 4 teams this last month.
*Youve beat cronulla the last month....2 wins from the last 9 is it now for you???