What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Have the board been binge watching Ted Lasso or something? I'm completely dumfounded by this.

If there is one thing I've learnt from being a Wests Tigers supporter is that there is never a point in life where things cannot get weirder

Wizardman

First Grade
Have the board been binge watching Ted Lasso or something? I'm completely dumfounded by this.

If there is one thing I've learnt from being a Wests Tigers supporter is that there is never a point in life where things cannot get weirder
Damn straight!!!

I've been very tempted to jump ship and follow the Dolphins. But, I love this club....no matter how f**ked it is at the moment and has been for a very long time. These next five years ensures that there is room and time for plenty of stupidity ahead. The CEO, Chairman and Board simply must go. If not, they need KPI's to follow with their jobs terminated if they are not met.
Im not even talking about premierships or making the top eight either. Just some indicators of gradual improvement.....and I'd be happy with that.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Damn straight!!!

I've been very tempted to jump ship and follow the Dolphins. But, I love this club....no matter how f**ked it is at the moment and has been for a very long time. These next five years ensures that there is room and time for plenty of stupidity ahead. The CEO, Chairman and Board simply must go. If not, they need KPI's to follow with their jobs terminated if they are not met.
Im not even talking about premierships or making the top eight either. Just some indicators of gradual improvement.....and I'd be happy with that.

I moved to QLD, which coincided with the Bulldogs going to shit. If you have been supporting the club for ages, you just can't bring yourself to change. I flirted with the idea, became a Titans season ticket member for a couple of years, enjoyed it, but I still found myself rooting for the Bulldogs when they played. Back in 1988 when the Knights came in, I had the same issue being a Newcastle boy, though that was made easier with such a fab Bulldogs team.

Tigerm

First Grade

‘If we keep doing the same thing, nothing changes’: Benji breaks silence on coaching Tigers​

“It’s very exciting. I love this club. To have this opportunity to go and be mentored by someone like Tim Sheens for two years and then take over as head coach, it’s something I’ve dreamt of,” Marshall said on NRL 360.

“It’s come a bit sooner than I expected but you know what, I back myself to take this opportunity and do a good job.

“I’m passionate about it and looking forward to the challenge.”

------------------------------------

FFS, I don't think this is going to end well. I wonder how long this shit will last?

Of course he's backing Tim, he has just been given a well paid 5 year contract on nothing more than his name?

Anyone remember how Wally Lewis went at coaching?

Brett Kimmorley on accepting caretaker coaching role at West Tigers.

“It’s come a bit sooner than I expected but you know what, I back myself to take this opportunity and do a good job.

“I’m passionate about it and looking forward to the challenge.”

Seriously, where does Noddy stand in the grand scheme? At least he gave a few young guys a go and I hope he continues to do so.

I hope he sticks around and is even given the reserve grade job.

MasterTiger

Juniors
I couldn't effectively argue the smart ass assessment in court but I have stopped taking downers and moved to uppers hence my support for being positive about Sheens mentoring Benji for a couple of years and then letting Benji take the reins. (That is definitely one of the longest sentences I have ever written.)

From what Beni has given us and rugby league in general he deserves a chance.
Good stuff Ned…. 100%agree. I would be lying if I said I have no doubts about Benji being successful but I will back him and Sheens 10000%.

WA Tiger

Bench
If Papaalli hadn’t of protested this wouldn’t have happend. They needed a quick answer about a stable coach. They looked around and “hey how about Sheens..” The timing matches..”and while we’re at it let’s throw Benji in as a sweetener, No bastard will change their mind now” … The minute a player walks through the door with an ego Benjis fked..He's not a man manager especially when there’s conflict. He will be dummy spitting his way out the door long before ‘25

Pezz70

Juniors
Can you see Benji telling a Benny Elias or Blocker Roach which way they should be headed when they offer up ‘advice’. Not saying that either will interfere just putting up an example, just don’t think Benji has that type of personality. Could be 100% wrong, hope I am. There’ll be some strong personalities that will need to be dealt with and Benji seems too nice a bloke.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
When we first started to think of our next coach I kept banging on about how it needed to be someone who can keep and attract quality players. We will know by the end of the year if Sheens is the man who can do that.
The talk of turning the club around in two years has me thinking we need a minimum of 3 more quality signings for next year (four would be better but extremely unlikely). We would need another 3 or four quality signings the following year. If I see moves in that direction I will start to believe.
Still, I do love a good fantasy story and this is right up there so I am happy for the time being.

phenisha

Juniors
To me this whole situation is designed by Pascoe to ensure he can't be sacked. It guarantees us supporters don't call for his head in the next two years, because 'Benji is the "real" coach we are banking on'. It's the only logical reason i can see for this total stuff up... Sadly i can see 3 wooden spoons in our next 5 years.

Well I was on the right track with Sheens HC and Marshall, Farrah assistants- I had Hodgson and Skandalis as well -Hodgson is coaching in the UK and Skandalis works at the Tigers in some corporate role.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m hoping it will be an immediate dramatic failure and is the final mad act from Pascoe and his cronies before they are moved on