What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If video killed the radio star. What will the internet kill?

Barkley

Bench
i say mankind.
8x10_1022_Mankind.jpg

Gee I hope not, he was one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The internet is reducing the intelligence of the human race.

Lambretta

First Grade
What will kill the internet?
Well there are three choices as I see it - ranked in order of likelihood

1. Death of humanity
2. Zombie apocalypse
3. We all get bored of the opinions of morons and decide to switch it off

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What will kill the internet?
Well there are three choices as I see it - ranked in order of likelihood

1. Death of humanity
2. Zombie apocalypse
3. We all get bored of the opinions of morons and decide to switch it off
I reached option 3 a long time ago..

And yet, I still venture into the NRL section of this forum..

Lambretta

First Grade
I reached option 3 a long time ago..

And yet, I still venture into the NRL section of this forum..

As long as people love the sound of their own voice and/or winding people up - then the internet is here to stay.

I do get the feeling that there will be a ludditesque movement among people to use it less though

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The English language
I feel the mobile phone killed the English language. Just have a look at the abortion of words that have been spawned out of texting. Crap like m8 for mate as an example.

A bit off topic but mobile phones have killed social interaction. How many times have you seen a group of people out for the night at a pub or nightclub staring at their phones like a bunch of hypnotised zombies? They probably order their drinks and meals by SMS....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I feel the mobile phone killed the English language. Just have a look at the abortion of words that have been spawned out of texting. Crap like m8 for mate as an example.

A bit off topic but mobile phones have killed social interaction. How many times have you seen a group of people out for the night at a pub or nightclub staring at their phones like a bunch of hypnotised zombies? They probably order their drinks and meals by SMS....
I'm just worried about the evolution of the human body thanks to smartphones..

In 3 generations time babies will be born with stooped necks and giant thumbs..

Life's Good

Coach

I h8 that 2.