What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"If you're going to push, keep your guard up."

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Am in London so stuck listening to the most biased commentating team in the world, even Shaun McRae sees everything GB's way when he's a guest commentator for Sky.

The commentators were calling for a send-off, for mine Fielden pushed first because he's a cat and was dominated in a tackle. Willie threw one as you would. No different to Hodges & Grothe in Origin and neither was sent off there. The person who should've been sent off is Peacock who was third man in and starting blindly swinging. Cat.

nqboy

First Grade
Didn't really see who started it. Don't care either. It was just sh*t funny. And I rate Fielden though he has been quiet so far this series.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tiger Hawk said:
The person who should've been sent off is Peacock who was third man in and starting blindly swinging. Cat.

ODonnell was the third man in when he pushed Long to the ground

wombat68

Juniors
regardless of the circumstances, it was a great punch that hit the mark. When was the last time you've seen a bloke hit flush on the cheek, then hit the deck like he'd been shot in a game before?.....too long. Loved it.:cool:

philstorm

Juniors
I wish Gus Gould would jump out of a window again.

Only this time, make it from Centrepoint Tower.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Tiger Hawk said:
Am in London so stuck listening to the most biased commentating team in the world, even Shaun McRae sees everything GB's way when he's a guest commentator for Sky.

The commentators were calling for a send-off, for mine Fielden pushed first because he's a cat and was dominated in a tackle. Willie threw one as you would. No different to Hodges & Grothe in Origin and neither was sent off there. The person who should've been sent off is Peacock who was third man in and starting blindly swinging. Cat.

Sean McRae is a fantastic guest commentator. He knows the game and always picks out the technical and tactical ways in which the game is being played and which one will win out in the end. He's great.

The Mason incidents were BOTH sending off situations. He hit Fielden cold, and in a position where he was not looking to throw one himself. The Long elbow he should get a long ban for and he should certainly miss the rest of the Tri Nations.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
You're kidding. The late shot on Long wasn't that late, definitely on report but not a send-off and he didn't c**k the elbow, he was just trying to push him off his feet instead of tackling him. And in slow motion it always appears later than it actually is. He'll be suspended for 1 possibly two matches. And Fielden pushed Mason so Mason hit him. Everytime I see Fielden he loves to give a mouthful to the opposition so when Willie gave him one after a good tackle, Fielden stood up and pushed Mason first. Throwing a punch after you've been pushed isn't grounds for a send-off, no matter what Stevo and his Sky cronies would lead you Poms to believe. If the punch hadn't connected so well, and Fielden threw a couple back, would you still be calling for a send-off seeing as it would have appeared even more so that Fielden started the fight? Didn't think so.

disco1

Juniors
Tiger Hawk said:

rubbish, it is a contact game with pushing and shoving, Mason took a cheap shot.

As for Peacock, from what I could see he was nailing Mason with each shot with nothing coming back his way.

Mason is a fool and will be punished

Tiger Hawk

Bench
disco1 said:
rubbish, it is a contact game with pushing and shoving, Mason took a cheap shot.

As for Peacock, from what I could see he was nailing Mason with each shot with nothing coming back his way.
What? If somebody pushes you, you respond, simple as that. Just because Fielden went down like a sack of sh*t doesn't mean that Willie took a cheap shot. Fielden acted first and should have been ready for Willie to respond.

Think you'll find Peacock hardly connected, Willie went down because he tripped/ran over the player behind him.

nqboy

First Grade
stuke said:
probable punished in the same manner as Morley was last week :sarcasm:
Lashed with a feather then? Or not even that?

For mine, there was nothing in the blue but Silly Willy could, and should, be in strife for the high shot on Long.

Kiwi

First Grade
was a cheap shot really, if a punch was thrown like that every time there was a push in the play the ball we'd be seeing punches thrown every second or third play the ball.

wombat68

Juniors
disco1 said:

it's a cpl minutes into a Oz V Pom game and Fieldens pushed the craziest bloke in the stadium....what did he think was going to happen???

SaintJose

Juniors
I'm glad Peacock put him on his arse. 'Big willy' could learn a thing or two from him. What a captain's performance.

C.P

Juniors
disco1 said:

Must be why Peacock had blood dripping from his mouth when the ref called them in. Deluded :lol:

Geordie

Juniors
Mason is a big sh*thouse who did twice as much as Morley did when Ganson sent him off after 12 seconds a couple of years ago but Klein hadn't the balls to do it in front of the whinging Aussie fans and pressmen.

Both incidents were sending off offences and if there is any justice he will be banned for the rest of the competition and then no doubt the Aussies will withdraw from the competition cos' they can't have their own way.

Fancy getting beat on your own soil by a bunch of "amateurs". You'll have to live with that one Gouldy, ha, ha, ha.

simon says

First Grade
I thought the Pommies were tough?????One hit from Willie and the toughest man from the side goes down like a sack of spuds.......i was larfing my arse off.....

Tough.......hahahahhahahahhaaaaa!!!!

mattyg

Bench
simon says said:
I thought the Pommies were tough?????One hit from Willie and the toughest man from the side goes down like a sack of spuds.......i was larfing my arse off.....

Tough.......hahahahhahahahhaaaaa!!!!

:lol:

Imagine if one of the pommies were on the end of Gorden Tallis in his day. :shock:

simon says

First Grade
Funny they have been going on about how tough they are....and now Willie stands up to them and they want blood.

Pommies talk a good fight but dont seem to measure up.

Unless there are 4000 of them outside a pub in Italy after a soccer game.Then they are tough as......