What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"If you're going to push, keep your guard up."

Nathan B

Juniors
I'll let you dumbarses in on a little secret...

Every single fight in the history of rugby league has started by a little push-and-shove, some mouthing off, and then someone throwing the first punch.

Every single one.

Now...are all first punches cheap shots? Of course they're f*cking not. Does the fact that Willie's punch was a good one and his opponent fell down like a sack of sh*t make it a cheap shot? Of course not. If Fielden wants to mouth off, push, c**k his arm and not expect punches to come his way then he's an idiot who only has himself to blame. I mean, this was the 4th minute of a test and he'd been bickering with the other bloke all week. How stupid can you get?

There are a ton of Willie haters on here. That's fine, hate the guy all you want. But you really do embarrass yourself when you resort to irrational, pathetic gibbering. I saw it all in the Kidwell/Mason head clash (I mean, how many other accidental head clashes have resulted in a 1000 getty images being posted on a league forum?), and now it's getting a lot worse with this cheap shot bullsh*t.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Nathan B said:
I'll let you dumbarses in on a little secret...

Every single fight in the history of rugby league has started by a little push-and-shove, some mouthing off, and then someone throwing the first punch.

Every single one.

Now...are all first punches cheap shots? Of course they're f*cking not. Does the fact that Willie's punch was a good one and his opponent fell down like a sack of sh*t make it a cheap shot? Of course not. If Fielden wants to mouth off, push, c**k his arm and not expect punches to come his way then he's an idiot who only has himself to blame. I mean, this was the 4th minute of a test and he'd been bickering with the other bloke all week. How stupid can you get?

There are a ton of Willie haters on here. That's fine, hate the guy all you want. But you really do embarrass yourself when you resort to irrational, pathetic gibbering. I saw it all in the Kidwell/Mason head clash (I mean, how many other accidental head clashes have resulted in a 1000 getty images being posted on a league forum?), and now it's getting a lot worse with this cheap shot bullsh*t.
:clap: :clap:
Too right.

Anybody who disagrees, go down to your local on the weekend, start mouthing off at someone, then grab his collar and shape up and see what happens. Then intensify that scenario by about 20 times to bring it up to test footy intencity and then maybe you cats will realise it wasn't a cheap shot. Fielden got what he had coming. If he could take a shot nobody would be complaining about it. Pure and simple.

Kiwi said:
was a cheap shot really, if a punch was thrown like that every time there was a push in the play the ball we'd be seeing punches thrown every second or third play the ball.

Bring back the Biff !!!...let's see Mason push Kaufusi during the 07 season when Storm play Dogs !!!..;-)

hutch

First Grade
Tiger Hawk said:
:clap: :clap:
Too right.

Anybody who disagrees, go down to your local on the weekend, start mouthing off at someone, then grab his collar and shape up and see what happens. Then intensify that scenario by about 20 times to bring it up to test footy intencity and then maybe you cats will realise it wasn't a cheap shot. Fielden got what he had coming. If he could take a shot nobody would be complaining about it. Pure and simple.

anybody who doesnt agree hasnt played rugby league.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Tiger Hawk said:
What? If somebody pushes you, you respond,

yeah you respond, see look what happenned to King and Vatuvei, if the Kiwis didnt break dat up King would of had a black eye that night to or even worse, :cool: everybody should know Mason decked Fielden cause he thinks hes the big bad wolf now, and that he wants everyone to know he can back up his mouth,i dont think he'd try that on the Kiwis.

Hes a crap player but,wheres that Betham when you need him??

langpark

First Grade
Another good quote from this game was by Ben Ikin, in about the 60th minute when it was 12-12. He said:

Lockyer is about to lift to another level, and he's gonna take his players with him

I heard it while watching the replay :lol:

Danger

Juniors
disco1 said:
rubbish, it is a contact game with pushing and shoving, Mason took a cheap shot.

As for Peacock, from what I could see he was nailing Mason with each shot with nothing coming back his way.

Mason is a fool and will be punished

So, pretty much, you are bagging out Willie for what you call a cheap shot, but Peacock is a hero coz he came in as the third or 4th man and started landing shots on Willie after Fielden had been on the ground for like 10 seconds, i dont think Mason is the fool, i think you are... I dont see much difference between this and Morley hitting Webb, well there is one difference, Willie hit someone his own size, not some little mosquito, and still knocked him out :lol:

Danger

Juniors
masonownsfieldennewfn9.gif

By the way disco1, how is this a cheap shot, he was squared up at mason.

mxlegend99

Referee
No way in hell was that a cheap shot.

When someone has one hand holding your jersey, and the other hand back ready to swing... after having talked crap to you. They were looking for a fight. No two ways about it. Mason took the first punch, and it wasn't a cheap shot. It was just a nice solid hit.

The same thing happened between Eric Grothe and Justin Hodges in Origin 1. THey were mouthing off, holding jerseys before one player decided to beat the other one to throwing a punch.

The only way you can call this a cheap shot is if you're a biased pommy bloke. Otherwise it was just a good hit that finished the fight with one punch.

Peacock didn't smash Mason either. I'd say he won the fight, but only because Mason lost his balance. He had poms all around him and he lost his footing while changing who the fight was with.

I'd like to see a Mason/Peacock fight straight up. Don't care who throws the first punch. But you won't see Mason getting dropped with 1 punch. ANd i'm no doggies fan that is defending him either. He just cops so much crap everywhere because of who he is. I didn't see many comments at all regarding Grothe/Hodges. The second it's Mason people are twisting the situation anyway they can to make him look bad. He could save someones lift, donate money or anything and people who make him out to be a villain.