What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ike Gordon Signs for 2!

azzah72

Bench
Gordon Signs New Two-Year Deal WIth Sharks

25/06/2010 8:03:17 AM

Promising Cronulla Sharks winger Isaac Gordon has agreed to terms on a new two-year contract with the Club.
The 23-year-old made will sign a new contract next week which will see him at the club until the end of the 2012 season.
The speedy winger made his NRL debut in round one this season and has since cemented a spot in the Cronulla backline alongside other key youngsters, including fullback Nathan Gardner and winger Blake Ferguson.
“I’ve always wanted to stay at Cronulla so I’m just very happy to have re-signed,” Gordon said.
“I wasn’t too sure where I stood with the club, so when they came to me and asked if I’d like to be around for another two years I jumped at the chance.”
“I’m really looking forward to the rest of this season as well as the next two years. I can just concentrate on my footy and not worry about contract talks or anything like that.
“I can just settle in and play footy.”
Gordon’s signing is the first for incoming coach Shane Flanagan after Ricky Stuart announced he would be leaving the club at the conclusion of the 2010 season.
“It will be good to work with Shane,” Gordon said.
“He helps me a lot already in defence as well as my kicking and catching.
“I’m really looking forward to bettering my game under him and building on from what Ricky has taught me.
“I’ve got to thank Ricky though for giving me this opportunity.
“He put me through the pre season and gave me shot when no one else would.
Sharks Football Manager, Darren Mooney, said Gordon’s signing was a great step forward for the club in developing their future stars.
“Isaac is a great kid who probably didn’t get a crack at first grade as soon as he would have liked, but has really put a lot of effort in,” Mooney said.
“It’s credit to him for sticking it out and it goes to show that the pathway to the NRL doesn’t always have to be via the Toyota Cup competition.”

http://www.sharks.com.au/?s=article-display&id=27180

Special K

Coach
There is still room to sign another winger (Gordon) and move Fergie into the centres or sign another centre.

Good to keep Ike though

carcharias

Immortal
tbf on Cov he wasn't even gonna play this year.

he was going to be a real estate agent until the Sharks offered him one more year.

samshark

Juniors
so it looks like mortz was on the money.

Hardly, Mortz had this Gordon going to the Knights. Said he was offered a big deal and was gone. Was personally told so by Gordon. Cmon Mortz, admit it.

Great signing though, well done sharks.

mortz

if i was a player, i would of taken the knights offer...
i applaud his loyalty, he was gone for all money, and i did post that
newcastles offer was amazing for a guy for under 10 games

Qld Shark

Juniors
00012268.jpg

Inferno

Coach
Good signing. I still think we should re-sign Cov if possible. Backline is still very young and inexperienced. Not sure about moving Fergo to the centres, I don't think he's shown enough to warrant moving infield. That said, with Pom and TT his only real competitors, he's definitely right in the mix.

Latest posts