What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im scared!!!

legallyblonde

Juniors
Im going on a date tonight....but thats not the scary part!

The dude drives a motorbike...and I've never been on one before :shock: Basically I'm being a shit scared skirt, but im up for it.

So I dont look like a total d!ckhead, someone tell me what to do!! (leaning, where do I hold, what do I do when i get to the traffic lights lol)....I have no idea!

cheers :D

Samwise

Bench
first thing your gonna wanna do is peg an old ninja turtles collector card to his rear wheel so that it makes a wicked awesome sound when he goes.

secondly it is rude to accept a helmet if he offers you one, a much better option is bring your own stackhat (the oranger the better)

just before he takes off wrap your legs around his waist, lean back and yell WEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

another charming trick is to cover his eyes before traffic lights and corners and yell guess who!!

hope you have fun kymbo!

legallyblonde

Juniors
haha cheers for that sam you crack me up!!
I actually have one of those old stack hats, ill go and search for it...oh and my old bike has those lil colour things that go around on the spokes...I might give them to him as a present :lol:

On a serious note, im packing shit lol

Alba

Coach
have fun chicky!! i wouldnt have the guts to get on but!! u got balls u do!! lol!!

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
LOL! You'll be fine Kimbo. ;-) Your date will give you the low down. :) Just make sure you don't get helmet hair! Be sure to let us know how it went! Good luck and have heaps of fun!! :)

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
legallyblonde said:
will do Amy!! Oh helmet hair....thats another thing to worry about hahaha. I'll talk to you tomorrow about it ;-)
You better girl ... I want all the goss! ;-) Have fun babe.

bubs

Juniors
He probably owns a car, just riding a bike so you have to hold onto him.
Sounds like something Preniers would try, if he ever manages to ask a girl out.

Spike

First Grade
Don't shift your weight when you're travelling on a motorcycle. Wait until you're stopped at a set of lights. Also hold on tight, depending on the power of the bike, it can mean the difference between staying on the bike and falling off the back when it takes off.

dead_possum

Juniors
Watch out for the exhaust pipe, they burn. Lots of Bike passengers get burnt.

If you value your skin, wear as much leather as you can find. And sturdy boots or hiking shoes. All motorcyclists can chat about the times they've come off. Bitumen is the worst gravel rash you can imagine.

Not the best weather for motorbikes at the moment.

Try not to lean away from the corners no matter how much you think you're going to wipe out. Hang on and keep with him. Expect to be terrified. Eventually you will be exhillarated. Maybe. I keep thinking sky diving is safer. Less traffic out to get you.

legallyblonde

Juniors
well im back....and it was awesome I must say. I was absolutley terrified at first, cuz he opened it up something bad!
Its 1000cc's i dont know if thats big or what, i know nothing about bikes.... all I know is I couldnt imagine much more power, cuz I was packing sh!t haha.
But yeah I loved it :D

dead_possum

Juniors
250cc is beginner bike, lawnmower power putt putt has trouble making 80km/h or going up hills.

500cc is a fun getaround can terrify you bike. It is also the usual racing bike GP engine capacity.

1000cc is pushing Grand Prix car engine envelope. I'd say that was big for a bike.

So how's the helmet hair?

The Colonel

Immortal
dead_possum said:
250cc is beginner bike, lawnmower power putt putt has trouble making 80km/h or going up hills.

When did you last get on a 250cc? Some of the ones they bring out now put the whole thought of them being "learner" bikes to shame. I had up until not lobng ago a CBR250RR that definitely didn't struggle to do 80 - even with me on the back of it!

dead_possum

Juniors
I guess I'm going by the bikes I get stuck behind. I wouldn't notice the ones that get away, except at traffic lights. Hooray for more efficient engines.