What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IN HIGH REGARD

rat

Juniors
IN REGARD TO PRE 2001

In NZ, the very mention of the words "Brisbane Broncos"
sends a shudder down anyones spine. Not only are those words hated by
any league following person (NZ AND AU), they have quickly learned to also be
resented for the very fact that, the bronco's will punish you on the scoreboard
and on the field.
I used to be one of these "haters" that was until I asked myself,
"Why do I hate this team more than any other team?" and it hit me.

Because they always kick our arse, thats why.
At the same time I realised that this was not right, I must change this hatred,
because after all, I and many others were just being sour-grapes and in sport,
no one appreciates this particular person.
So around rolls 2001 the warriors are actually having a good year,
rah-rah is still the number one sport here and the Broncos are the reigning champions.
Our next opponents are the bronco's, (shudder goes down every warriors spine)
we are feeling confident, but there is still the uncertaintanty that we have been in this
position before and came off worse for wear, alot worse for wear actually.
So when the ball is kicked off I remain quiet, I'll throw in a clap when a try is scored,
but I dont jump out of my seat like everyone else, until the final whistle, for one reason, respect.
You never celebrate a win against the bronco's until the final whistle, especially when
you are only leading by one point and especially when you have not beaten this side before.
So that night in 2001 was a turning point for the warriors against their bogey team, a big turning
point, it was as if we had won the league world cup. The reason for this over-joyous celebration?
We knew that our team had broken down a psychological wall the Bronco's had built over
6 years, we had found out the true reward of finally beating a team of Brisbanes calibre, respect.
Arguably, the warriors are now the Bronco's bogey team.
So this Sunday, when we all get our first league fix, I will remain quiet, and throw in a clap
when a try is scored and hopefully, and just quietly I will celebrate a win by the warriors, by all
means this game will be a pearl-a and whoever wins we all know it will be hard fought.
I dont wish you luck, instead I wish you a marvellous game to witness,
and just remember, if you are at the stadium at the final whistle, both teams
deserve..., you guessed it....RESPECT.

FLO

Juniors
In Australia the word kiwi is met with roars of knee slapping,eye watering laughter
followed by attempts at speaking nzish.
Only kiwis respect kiwis
GO THE BRONCS

rat

Juniors
I wasnt expecting a reply, a moronic one at that. Tell me, after all the laughter, and knee slapping, do you pull out your banjo? :mrgreen:

Kiwi

First Grade
rat said:
I wasnt expecting a reply, a moronic one at that. Tell me, after all the laughter, and knee slapping, do you pull out your banjo? :mrgreen:

As a Kiwi living in Oz I can tell you this, whilst they are doing all their knee slapping, we are busy nailing their women. 8)

rat

Juniors
:lol:

I hope while you are a-nailing you are keeping in time with the knee slapping.

FLO

Juniors
Kiwi said:
rat said:

As a Kiwi living in Oz I can tell you this, whilst they are doing all their knee slapping, we are busy nailing their women. 8)

The mating call of the loser(s)!

rat

Juniors
FLO said:
Kiwi said:
rat said:

The mating call of the loser(s)!

what?..... playing the banjo?

Heres a signature for you "Squeel like a pig"

FLO

Juniors
rat,when you are old enough to get the dole,make sure you link up with kiwi when you get over here.He/she can introduce you to the shemale community that he has mistaken for women

rat

Juniors
FLO said:
rat,when you are old enough to get the dole,make sure you link up with kiwi when you get over here.He/she can introduce you to the shemale community that he has mistaken for women

Cool.

Thats better than this sheep on my lap, sick of pulling wool out of my teeth.
How bout you? Any good looking kangaroo's out your way that you wanna swap?

miccle

Bench
Well rat, sorry about the stupid replies to this thread firstly. Awesome post - I just saw it then for the first time, and totally agree. Our two teams have one of the best new rivalries in the competition, with the two big packs always firing up for the clash. You're only guarenteed one thing in a Warriors/Broncos match - that you're in for a ****** hard and entertaining match. Hard luck about yesterday, I'll be looking forward to meeting the NZ'ers again soon.

Meth

Staff member
In Australia the word kiwi is met with roars of knee slapping,eye watering laughter
followed by attempts at speaking nzish.
Only kiwis respect kiwis

Jeez, you're a class act.

:roll:

Evilgrowler

First Grade
I echo Miccles sentiments. It was a classy first post and I for one appreciate it. I was at the game on the week end and I was surrounded by Kiwis. One of the best group of supporters I've ever been with. Always good for a chat and good sports.

Rat's right. Respect is what it's all about. How can you not respect the Warriors?

rugged

Juniors
I hate being at the Broncos home games when the Warriors win though because a lot of their supporters are unbearable in victory, even though I actually don't care who wins.

Kaz

junior
rugged said:
I hate being at the Broncos home games when the Warriors win though because a lot of their supporters are unbearable in victory.

Well I disagee.

Out of all supporters, I find the Warriors great in victory.

They don't gloat about winning. They are just happy that is was a top game & they got the points.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
rugged said:
I hate being at the Broncos home games when the Warriors win though because a lot of their supporters are unbearable in victory, even though I actually don't care who wins.

Mate, I know some Broncos supporters that are just as bad, I'm sorry to say. The Kiwis that were around me, still had smiles on their faces after the final whistle. They witnessed a good game of league and I think that's all they expected in the end.