What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries 2018

We are picking up some injuries this year already Flanno, Uele, Lewis, Katoa and its round 1, for a few years we went well with no injuries i think this year it maybe our turn to get more than our share of injuries

Inferno

Coach
I think this thread is a bit premature. We're one round in.

That being said, with an aging squad managing the old boys is certainly going to be a challenge.

shaggs

Coach
We are picking up some injuries this year already Flanno, Uele, Lewis, Katoa and its round 1, for a few years we went well with no injuries i think this year it maybe our turn to get more than our share of injuries
shaggs ^^^^
I don’t believe this will be the case. The sport science team we have now are infinitely better than the tripe we had 10 years ago.
The club has actually spent money on decent Physio’s and now train according to science, with GPS and sleep data and individual programs rather than the old,
Drop ball do a lap technique we had for so long.
10 years ago, there was one Physio for the Nrl squad. Then another one for the second grade and 20s. We had one guy doing all the fitness and strength training programs. With us assistants doing the supervision of weights programs, strapping, massages, water bottles, carting all the shit everywhere. Teams in the Illawarra comp had better set ups.

The injuries you mention above are 75% contact injuries. Funny that. We play a contact sport. The number of soft tissue injuries over the past 3 years has reduced dramatically.

Sure there is luck in a contact sport, but as long as we don’t see the strains increase then I think we are ok.
I would rather see our guys go in hard and risk a contact injury than puss it at the back.

Uele has a hamstring injury is that right?? He is a big unit and is likely to have over trained to make weight. Unlikely to be Long term and probably could have played. Was that sensible in round 1? No. Get him right and ready to play explosively off the bench.

None of the players last night looked over trained. If anything they appeared to be underdone and a step or two slow.

If we don’t have any other serious injuries over the next month, then I think we will be ok.

Card Shark

Immortal
Short term (2-6 weeks) injuries aren’t to worry about, it the season ending ones, when you finish the season without first choice players.

It’s a bit annoying at the moment but they could all be back in a month (depending on extent of Katoa jaw).

Frenzy.

Immortal
Short term (2-6 weeks) injuries aren’t to worry about, it the season ending ones, when you finish the season without first choice players.

It’s a bit annoying at the moment but they could all be back in a month (depending on extent of Katoa jaw).

Unless they come in waves and the team is constantly disrupted.

What if the 2-6 week injuries happen in the back of end?

Card Shark

Immortal
You lose them for 2 to 6 weeks...point is it’s better than 12 to 16 weeks or the season.

Obviously injuries aren’t good & can be disruptive but if you have the best players available most weeks, chances are you’ll make the 8.

My concern dosent wher had few good years of non injuries, sometimes luck dosent go your way, and can be disruptive all season