What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insomina

Aragorn

First Grade
Those of you that suffer from it, what things work for you to get to sleep at night?

I try to de-stress, not get worked up and try to wind down, keeping the adrenaline levels low, don't drink soda or caffeine... .sometimes it works, but right now its not working... and I'm on LU surfing topics and posting..... gonna feel like shit tomorrow.....:lol::cool:

bileduct

Coach
I have insomnia sometimes. I used to do night shift work, then school and then a few hours sleep in the afternoon/evening before doing it all again. My sleeping pattern never really got back to normal and I don't get to bed before 2-3am very often and am always a late starter at work.

A few cones before trying to sleep usually helps :)

Otherwise the best thing is to do the things you have already suggested. Maybe try a hot shower before bed and try to avoid taking naps during the day. Make sure your room is as sleep friendly as possible, including covering all lights on electronic devices or turning them off altogether.

I usually read something light before I shut off the lights to make my eyes heavy and tired.
Doesn't always work sometimes I toss and turn all night thinking about crap.
Last week I didn't get off till 3am and I turned the lights off at 10.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I generally watch a bit of TV in bed before I nod off.

Does the job.

ggmu

Juniors
I found the worse thing to do is watch Game of Thrones before bed. I'm in season 2 right now and if I watch it before bed I lay half the night thinking bout wat will happen next lol. Prob something wrong wit me. Haha

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've had a lot of trouble getting to sleep at a sane hour lately. It's not insomnia, since I do sleep eventually and always for a decent amount of time; but the World Cup + my erratic hours (sometimes start at 8am, sometimes at 3.30pm) makes it hard to get into a rhythm.

I slept well last night, but have an early start tomorrow, so am anticipating a lot of tossing and turning.

Latest posts