Interesting Roar Article

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by blacksafake, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

Hope not as I was at the 85 GF and that 1st grade loss still hurts!! I don't remember anything noteworthy about the reserve grade & third grade (U23's) GF victory.
    With all due respect I do not see any similarity between an articulate & clever coach in Roy Masters and the dribbling Mary, except they both enjoyed a Beer:beers:

2. Crush

Crush Bench

Yes I too was at the grand final as a youngster and remember crying into my lemonade at full time

Coffs dragon likes this.
  3. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Masters was out coached big time by Warren Ryan in this game. His compressed defence with outside backs offside all day ( only 1 ref remember ) , Kicks into the ingoal for dropkick restarts ( which resulted in the rule change ), defenders laying all over us in the ruck and far more toughness than us. Only worked it out too late with kicks behind the defense for Morris to score.This should have been worked out at half time.

4. possm

possm First Grade

Surely you wouldn't wish that upon us. I'd rather win the first grade GF than have 3 teams in the GF and lose the first grade GF.

5. Crush

Crush Bench

Id say if we won the comp in the two lower grades and came runners up in 1st grade we would have had a pretty good year with plenty to cheer about...

ALSGI likes this.
  6. SaintPauli

SaintPauli Juniors

Yes Ryan did exploit a rule that was inevitably changed by the NRL because of the lacklustre display grand final witnessed. Morris scored at the end making the score look respectable at 7 to 6. The Dragons were by far the better team that year winning the minor premiership in all 3 grades but falling short on grand final day. That day hurt really bad and adds to my determination to win every time we play the bullgrubs.

7. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

It’s a shame that attitude wasn’t adopted in the last round of 2017.

SaintPauli likes this.
  8. VodkaSaint

VodkaSaint Juniors

Canterbury nailed us down in the in Goal, good game plan at the time, oh if only someone was in support of Graeme Win when he made that tackle bust, just showed we thought we would show up and win it.
    The storm GF hurt me the most, I still cant watch it again, followed by the second Grand final against the Broncos, we froze.

9. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

Prior to attending the 99 GF, we gathered at my mates place for a bite & catch up to ease our nerves. One of his sisters took a photo of us all(12 of us)pumped & excited. That photo has never been seen. A horrible day which I can’t erase from my memory.

10. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

I was at the game.
    Still can not believe what happened.
    Mundine just put the fing ball down.

VodkaSaint, getsmarty and Life's Good like this.
  11. Reddragon

Reddragon Juniors

Would have been better if he passed the ball!
    Went for the hero play.

getsmarty and dragonssamy61 like this.
  12. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

I heard a story of Dragons fan who took off his jersey and threw it away in disgust. It was caught by another Dragons fan who threw it straight back at him!

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  13. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

So true

getsmarty likes this.