What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Representation.,

nibbs

Bench
Once someone is selected to play for some one nation/state etc, they should then only ever be allowed to play for that nation/state. It seems to me stupid that people are offering their services to 2 nations...

half

Coach
WORD

i would go further and say people should only play for nations they have a legitimate claim to. if you've lived in australia all your life, you should only be able to play for australia!

nibbs

Bench
WORD

It just stupid what some people are doing. I might as well say, I'm half Swedish, and so his half-man. I'm not going to make the NZ team so lets play for Sweden instead, because we were rejected by our countries of choice, but wait. Thats what people are doing...

How lame of them...

The Backpacker

Juniors
While I see both your points, I think it's fine the way it is. In all reality, there will probably be (at this time) three International teams. Aus, Kiwis and GB. The Kiwi's and Aus, under your idea, would probably be able to feild a team but GB might struggle (if you're only picking players that play sevens and those who actually want to play rep matches - some don't). If people can make themselves available for other teams, then why not. It's only a game and show's the spirit in which people are willing to play it.

As for only being eligible for the country where you have lived all your life - not all people live in one country all their lives. And you'd be excluding some quality posters with it.

When it boils down to it, does it really affect how the world turns if someone born in Australia to English Grand parents who doesn't make the Aussie team then plays for GB?

El Coconuto

Bench
Nibblet is right though, people should really only declare for one country. The need to mention a second nation is merely a lack of confidence within the poster as to his/her chances of qualificiation for the declared team.

I wouldn't guess that it would be that great a drama though. As far as I can see only the Aussies, Kiwis and Brits are going to really be able to form a team. Although at one stage in the competitions lifetime I could've sworn there was going to be a Maltese team somewhere :? Ahhh wells...

ParraMatt

Bench
Yeh Word. I believe that you should only be allowed to put your name down for one country, I know that I have only put my name down for England and thats because My dad is Full English and I like the other team mates there in Yakky and Paul-The-Cowboy and so forth.

nibbs

Bench
ParraMatt said:
Yeh Word. I believe that you should only be allowed to put your name down for one country, I know that I have only put my name down for England and thats because My dad is Full English and I like the other team mates there in Yakky and Paul-The-Cowboy and so forth.

Parramatt, are you saying that in the recent ahses test series, you went for GB and that you were over the moon when England won the RWC Final???