What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International RL Payment Agreement

siv

First Grade
Saw a reference to a few interesting items

To two things
1 - NZ to get the same pay as Australia from the NRL

2 - A internatinal level CBA being proposed of international to commence

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Oh - dangerous, I hope the RLPA don't get their hands on the RLIF money now. We are talking a $10 million dollar profit for this world cup, and although I want nations outside of the big three to be able to pay their players that money is for developing the game.

The national bodies need to get together and play tests and tournaments, sell the TV rights, sell tickets and increase their value and then they will have revenue to hand out to their players.

siv

First Grade
It will be interesting where this leads

While Oz can argue that the ARLC/NRL cough up money from its TV deal

The rest of the world does not have extra funds to pay their national teams

Its not like NZ TV pays NZRL when NZ playing

There used to be something called appearnce money or a share of the gates

Problem is TV has taken over from gates as the prime revenue

roughyedspud

Coach
Match fee is appearance money..

Let's do some basic figuring out..

The projected profit is rumoured to be $7m...29% of that is a fraction over $2m, divide that by 336,24man squads X 14 teams...and the final figure is a little under $6000 per player

I'd rather that 29% went to the governing bodies of the teams competing,outside of the big 3...so the 2nd tier nations get a $200k+ windfall for making the RLWC..it's then upto them how they divvy it up..give the players some,spend the rest on development..for example.