What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet broadcasting rights

troydodds

Juniors
I wonder how much the NRL would consider selling internet broadcasting rights for?

I know this would have to be something for the future, given current agreements with Fox Sports and Channel Nine, but it would be a great concept - especially for league fans in other states or internationally.

I'd love to see a call team set up, in the same vain as radio, calling as many games as possible and talking seriously about the game.

For example, round 5 would give them the opportunity to call SIX live matches ....

Something to ponder I guess.

Sportsjock

Juniors
I think its something for the future for sure.

It would need to be high quality.

If you want a prime example of this, go to www.mlb.com - American baseball major leagues, and seriously you can buy access for 19.95 a month and watch every single game, including options to watch fast games ( as in 20 minute highlight packages, no breaks between inning replays etc ), as well as updated to the minute stats.

It is phenomenal, and if something like that can be introduced into RL sometime, I think everyone could benefit , NRL , the clubs, sponsors, fans.

The www.mlb.com sets the standard in the world. I have seen nothing like it, and it is simply sensational.
I know spending alot of time in the USA, I would love the option of seeing the games on the NRL website or internet somewhere.

Last year after the games, they used to put up the full fox sports replays!
This year, so far , they are not doing this? It is dissapointing.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You can see the games on the NRL website a day or teo after they're played, but they're just replays of the fox coverage. Having live internet broadcasts would throw a major spanner in the works of TV rights.

lodown

Juniors
without a mass of users on unlimited broadband internet in australia, i cant see it happening for a while

Razor

Coach
I wonder how much the NRL would consider selling internet broadcasting rights for?

They already do. Telstra own the rights, but can't broadcast the video for 24 hours after the match has been played - but can broadcast audio earlier.

Several years ago there was a problem with the radio stations broadcasting their coverage over the net, and couldn't do it, but that was sorted out.

Latest posts