What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Champs - Burleigh 12-54 Illawarra

Intrust Super Champs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
These refs are f**king mad. How the f**king stupid can you be to not understand that was a shepherd?

The bunker needs to be nuked from space

Bazal

Post Whore
Good to see you go off early without watching the rest of the half.

Why would the rest of the half change my mind? He looks big and slow at NSW cup level, makes up for it with strength against the lesser opposition . He's not going to be a quality NRL halfback, he's too big and slow and hauling himself through a 15m gap in the defence doesn't change that (neither does taking advantage of an obvious shepherd as I type this)...and he could be MOTM here and I'll think the same. Better to turn him into a ball playing back rower a la Sutton, because he does have ability, no doubt. My opinion is that he won't improve your attack at NRL level as a halfback, not that he can't play. He's got a good kicking game and a smart passing game but so does Widdop. You need more than that.

He's a 100kg halfback ffs.

Mann played first 2 NRL games then got dropped.

Played a few games at the end of the season too, but at a guess I'd say he played at least half his games this year with the cutters.
He played 13 apparently. Maybe he just seemed like he'd be a regular because In the games I saw he seemed like the only bloke in the team who knew how to score a try.

Lebbo73

Bench
These refs are f**king mad. How the f**king stupid can you be to not understand that was a shepherd?

The bunker has been the most expensive f**kup in NRL history. That has been an obstruction since 1908.

SBD82

Coach

Yep. f**king ridiculous to give us an outrageous leg up like that when we are ahead by 30.

It'd be nice to just talk about how good the cutters are playing instead of how hopeless the bunker is.

SBD82

Coach
He played 13 apparently. Maybe he just seemed like he'd be a regular because In the games I saw he seemed like the only bloke in the team who knew how to score a try.
Yep.

Only my club could leave our most effective back in reserve grade for half the season.

OzDragon

Coach
The bunker has been the most expensive f**kup in NRL history. That has been an obstruction since 1908.
They keep saying that it has been quicker to decide, but never say if it's been more accurate than the video ref. It hasn't.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep.

Only my club could leave our most effective back in reserve grade for half the season.

Surely Shaun Nona would have been worth a shot at some stage, even just because he provides something different in attack. I don't think he's necessarily an NRL level player by any means but seriously with your attack towards the back end anything was worth a try....

SBD82

Coach
Surely Shaun Nona would have been worth a shot at some stage, even just because he provides something different in attack. I don't think he's necessarily an NRL level player by any means but seriously with your attack towards the back end anything was worth a try....
The poor selection decisions from the dragons fill many threads in the dragons forums. Some of the decisions are just baffling.

Theres definitely an argument that Nona should have played, but it's not even the most obvious one.

Our best players in the late games of the season were all cutters or 20s players when they finally got a shot.

God-King Dean

Immortal

2005 Benji could be in the team, & it wouldn't improve their attack in the slightest while McGregor is in charge

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your player judgements, I'm just saying

Bazal

Post Whore
2005 Benji could be in the team, & it wouldn't improve their attack in the slightest while McGregor is in charge

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your player judgements, I'm just saying

Lol. Fair point, well made. Does he actually have a game plan?

Latest posts