What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invaluable Players

ngunity

Juniors
I've been thinking over players most invaluable to the club; quite understandable considering the perilous circumstances some players are in as far as sticking around goes one would think.

Price/ O'Meley - On paper from last season they are about the best Props in the comp (and O'Meley missed out a lot through injury)- Off the top of my head Price lead the League in Metres per game, and probably Charge downs too, and O'Meley was 2nd for forwards making line-breaks (probably shoulder breaks too! poor old scott hill :lol: )

Price- More than ever last season he churned out hard yards we needed, a respected leader, tireless worker, one of the few guys still with the balls and commitment (and skill) to charge a kick down. Let's face it he's the heart of the team; in form he's as good as two forwards...

O'Meley- I've never been so excited about a props hit-ups as I was on almost everything Shrek turned out in the 2nd half of last season. He burst the line 8 times with his casualty-causing runs and looks to be bursting with effort and potential.

El Masri- You can never have too many model players eh? I respect Hazem for all that's he's done for the club, and for his position in the community. A rock under pressure whether it be the decisive kick at goal or the high ball, he's also an offensive force more than Darryl Halligan was as he can leap higher, catch better (love those AFL style takes), and run faster. ~ did I mention he's a money -kicker and about tied 2nd best in the world at kicking consecutive goals.

Sherwin- The guy that took charge when we needed attacking flair last season, I think Sherwin is the unsung great halfback of the NRL (although they do sing the odd song nowadays).

Braith- We know he has potential popping out of his ears, I saw him do it in 2002! Didn't see much from Braith in 2k3 but I have Braith (oops I mean Faith)

Utai- Haven't seen a tackle breaking machine like Utai since... well ever I've only been following the game for 17 years.... Utai looked weak under the high ball mid last season, and had sorted that out within a couple of months; he's an attacking powerhouse. The kind of guy we look to to inspire the side, or drag 5 chooks over the line to stick it to them

My mind is blank of players to rave about so I suppose that means those are the invaluable one's for mine. I'll give Ben Harris an honourable mention 'cause he had a GREAT year last year and had us all saying 'Talau who'? Also an intercept king; if he keeps it up then he certainly deserves a place in the list.~ There are other players who have potential coming out of their ears but don't deserve the term 'invaluable' and others who outright suck ** "Hughes boys" ** Cough ***

Reardon, Vagana, and Norton might have made the list but darn-it they're already gone.....