What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Barrett back?

Anonymous

Juniors
Re tonight's Charity Shield.

Is was a great try he set up the middle of the ruck... although the opposition was ordinary.
But Barrett was impressive.
Is he back?

ozbash

Referee
i think he had a pretty good game considering the length of time he was away.
he would have played that game for what it was, a trial.

could have helped out the young half back a bit more maybe.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Is he back?? Kind of.

I think he was coasting, just doing enough to get by. In this case, it was probably the right thing to do. The bloke's hasn't played much footy in a year so easing him back in during the trial matches is probably a smart option.

I think that come the first game of the seasn we'll see Barrett take much more of a hands-on role in attack.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Before the match, I think was Brown (or Daley?) who said that Barrett would just ease himself in and play a passing game which I thought was fair enough.

I think he did a little more than that.

I was impressed with his run up the middle, passing, then backing up, then passing again. Reminded me of what he was like a few seasons ago.

Ozbash, I thought Lachlan Russell won a points decision on Dean Byrne. Surprisingly, Souths only looked like scoring when Willie Peters got on the field.

ozbash

Referee
ok, i liked both byrnes and peters game.
russell has a good kicking game but he seemed to get in the way a little..

Anonymous

Juniors
Between you and me and the lamp post, I get the impression that Lachlan is a player who is happy to get a shot at being in the firsts but will bide his time in the reserves. Ask me anything and I'll happily state the obvious. :lol:

He certainly has good boot on him.

Latest posts