What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Barrett finished for 2003?

Infuzer

Juniors
I'm reading on different boards that Barrett is gone for the remainder of the season. People are saying that Fox are reporting that Barrett's season is finished. I can't find any news on Fox's website as yet.
This'll be big news if indeed he is history.
Can someone confirm?
No Barrett=End of the road for the Dragons 2003 premiership quest imo.

Navigator

Juniors
I just saw it on different boards too. I wouldn't mind someone providing some facts too.
I agree though. If Barrett is out for the rest of the season, then so are the Red&Whites.

Our official site says he's out for the season after a pin was inserted into the ankle. I am a little suprised at the negative comments regarding our chances this season given the absence of Barrett. To be fair, the last few seasons he has spent a great deal of time on the sidelines thru injury and suspension. Dean Byrne is a classy young lad and will do the job well I recon. Gasniers injury is just as concerning. Sounds like they will put Nero into the centre's with Coop and have Timmo locking the scrum I would suspect.
Just get to the SCG and make some noise. WIN was pathetic last week. An intimidating crowd may well have stopped that prick running onto the field with his tale that Simpkins believed against the Dog's.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
At last I can get back on LWOS - its been a busy day but I still had a quick look at this thread.... unfortunately, I couldnt grab a moment to reply.

Ghost of Poppa Clay is spot-on about the negative comment. If anyone here had seen Dean Byrne play, they'd know that the five-eighth spot is in safe hands.

Its unfortunate whats happened to Barrett. I really feel for him and coach Brown.... who would havewished for a new coach to have so many injury dramas in his first year in the big league? Timmins, Ryles, Bailey, Gasnier, Barrett.... bugger that.

But the fact is, Trent Barrett to St George is not like Andrew Johns to Newcastle. Saints can win wihout Barrett and have done so consistently in the past.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dean Byrne cut them to pieces this weekend.

Ghost and Willow – I’m with you guys ! We have consistently performed without Barrett and while I feel he is a very good and important player, we can do well this year if Byrne fires up. I’m actually wondering about the possibility of Byrne going really well for this season and forcing Barrett to inside centre as a running back with great inside/outside balls to any number of running positions ! On another note – this weekend at the SCG is my son’s (6 yrs) first live Dragons game – we have my bro-in-laws Members tickets (too young to stand, etc) so we’re looking for a really important behavioural imprinting ……… He will be dressed in his best R2K clobber. Goz