What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Cleary a dud?

Unless it was his coaching that caused our injury toll, I doubt anyone does better than he did with us. I don't think Gus sacking someone means much in regards to their ability. He sacked Jennings, Lewis and Coote aswell. Two have gone on to win premierships since then.

Sadly now it’s three

Panfa

Juniors
At this stage of the season its a yes for both but i will reserve my judgement till the end of the season we have been slow starters for yrs kikau and yeo are massive losses and we wont be going back to bathurst this yr so things can only improve.

roofromoz

First Grade
Not willing to make a judgement until at least mid-season. But 3 matches where all 5 tries have been scored by forwards is a bit of a worry...

Mr Spock!

Referee
Never got the adulation over Cleary.

He's never done anything to warrant it.

You guys should have gone for Maguire. He knows how to win a comp.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
And kept Nathan how?

I'm starting to think losing him wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world - assuming we could attract a decent half in his place. But we are not exactly known for making good choices with regards to replacing personnel that we lose.

GongPanther

Referee
That pass from Cleary to Tamou close to the Storm line, ended below his knees. It was a pressure pass and Cleary didn't give Tamou any chance of strolling over.

Expect a shit crowd at Penrith Park next week.

TheFrog

Coach
Nathan will come good and you'll see a very different side next weekend. We've been through this before.

Lot of Tigers fans coming out of the woodwork with them having such a good start. I think this will go very close to selling out.

Fangs

Coach
If you want a decent coach who will make you competitive then Ivan certainly isn't a dud.

As for winning a competition...

The Realist

Juniors
Never got the adulation over Cleary.

He's never done anything to warrant it.

You guys should have gone for Maguire. He knows how to win a comp.

Yep I was hoping for Madge or Hasler. What we did instead, is went back to the ex we rejected for not being good enough. Makes total sense.

BxTom

Bench
That pass from Cleary to Tamou close to the Storm line, ended below his knees. It was a pressure pass and Cleary didn't give Tamou any chance of strolling over.

There were also several passes that required the receiver to leap high to get the ball, effectively making them little more than a hospital pass.