Is it............Game Day?

Discussion in 'Cronulla Sutherland Sharks' started by SadShark, Jul 13, 2018 at 6:23 AM.

1. SadShark

SadShark Bench

Pummel those Phucking Phil Gould Pennies.

Please.

chewsta likes this.
  2. bad boy bubby

bad boy bubby First Grade

I like the Pennies so I'm not going to pay them out,
    BUT
    I hope Moyza pins this up in the dressing room and rips them apart

Panthers got better value in Maloney-Moylan swap, says club legend
    Christian Nicolussi12 July 2018 — 6:16pm
    Leave a comment

Penrith have been the big winners when it comes to the James Maloney and Matt Moylan swap deal.

Maloney and his Origin mates Nathan Cleary and Tyrone Peachey will be rested from Friday night's clash against Cronulla, which doubles as Moylan's first official homecoming.

Sharks and Panthers fans debated which club would benefit the most when Moylan and Maloney switched clubs last December.

[​IMG]
    STATE OF ORIGIN
    Origin player ratings: How the players fared in Game Three
    "Of course at moment you would have to say James has been more valuable to Penrith than Matt has [to Cronulla],'' Alexander said. "I think Matt has had an injury-affected start to the year and looks to be finding his feet.

"Matt Moylan played some great football for us, and he's one of the most talented players in the competition. We saw the worth of Jimmy when Nathan was out two months and he took control of the side. Most clubs struggle when you lose your starting half, but we had a bloke step into the breach and just do the job and get it done.

"Matt Moylan is a very talented player and I rate him. I didn't want to see Matt Moylan go. When I realised it was inevitable and they said James Maloney is coming here, I was pretty happy. I don't think there are many who could replace what Matt Moylan had done for Penrith, but Jim has been pretty good."

Maloney won a premiership with the Sharks but was keen for a longer-term deal and the security on offer at Penrith, while Moylan was keen to exit his childhood club in search of a fresh start in the Shire.

Advertisement
    More to come: Matt Moylan will come good for the Sharks, says Greg Alexander.

Photo: AAP
    Penrith coach Anthony Griffin was happy to spare his three Blues representatives from backing up 48 hours after Origin III so they all return fresh for next Friday's tough road trip to Brisbane.

Jarome Luai will play again at halfback while young Kiwi Caleb Aekins is expected to debut at fullback.

Cleary was keen to back up against Cronulla but also accepted he would need a freshen-up after his maiden Origin campaign.

Blues coach Brad Fittler said during the Nine TV commentary on Wednesday he wanted Cleary to discover his voice a little more on the field, and it was one area the 20-year-old playmaker planned to improve in the run home to the NRL finals. Cronulla and Penrith will feature in September.

Advertisement
    "I've stayed in my shell sometimes, and I need to assert myself being the halfback," Cleary told Fairfax Media. "This [Origin] series has given me the confidence to do that moving forward.

"Freddy has spoken to me about talking more. I'm still developing that [part of my game] and will keep working on it. I'm looking forward to knuckling down with the Penrith boys, it's been a disrupted few weeks with them, but I'm keen to go on a good run to the finals.''
    www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/panthers-got-better-value-in-maloney-for-moylan-swap-says-club-legend-20180712-p4zr4z.html

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 10:12 AM
    chewsta likes this.
  3. carcharias

carcharias Immortal

Maloney sin binned again the other night.

tom of poland likes this.
  4. glenmoresharkie

glenmoresharkie Bench

I’ll be there

Anybody else heading out?

chewsta likes this.
  5. toomuchsoup

toomuchsoup Juniors

As usual, I’m nervous about this one.

Important game if we want to make top4.
    Hope we aren’t complacent because of them resting origin players

6. southland

southland Juniors

Fuct it wood be nice to start a game with Lewis and Dugan in our lineup.

chewsta likes this.
  7. Differ To The Coifed

Differ To The Coifed Juniors

I’m feeling good about this one but that doesn’t mean anything.

8. Tiger Shark

Tiger Shark Juniors

Looking forward to Lewis back more, hopefully he's properly rested this time.

I think Moylan has been pretty damn good for us this year. He's better defensively, top 4 in try assists and leading in line break assists. He's only going to get better too!

9. coolumsharkie

coolumsharkie Referee

If we don't win this we are not serious contenders imo.

chewsta likes this.
  10. tom of poland

tom of poland Juniors

Alexander would say that wouldn't he, I think both players have made positive contributions to their new clubs. We did pretty well against them in our home game and I expect we'll do well again, plus we have an extra proper prop in our lineup.

11. McLovin

McLovin Immortal

Be good to end a game with them as well.

Feej, Stake Removed and southland like this.
  12. TheFrog

TheFrog First Grade

Exactly the words of Warriors fans last week.

Slowly, very slowly, Matt is getting back towards his best. Yes, Flanno has taught him to tackle a bit which is a big gain, but he doesn't run the side like he used to at Penrith. The try assists all came in one game when the opposition clocked off. Against sides that get in his face he isn't nearly as effective, and wasn't with us either. He excels against tired and lazy defences, which is how he pulled so many games out of the fire in the latter stages.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 12:50 PM
  13. TheFrog

TheFrog First Grade

It was Alexander who gave Moylan 3 Dally M points he didn't deserve a few rounds back. This bloke is a NSW assistant coach and selector. He would call it as he sees it. I didn't see Matt in too many Blues sides ahead of Maloney. Maybe next year will be different.

14. Western Stand

Western Stand Juniors

Brandy wasn't being disrespectful. He was just stating that Penrith has progressed since Jimmy arrived. That is nothing against Moylan or his ability. Different courses for different horses.

The one most likely to be disrespectful is Scott McCrae. I am sure he will throw a few barbs before kick off.

15. carcharias

carcharias Immortal

Who is Scott McRae?
    I knows who’s scott green

16. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

The guy on the mic at the ground.

17. Quigs

Quigs Referee

Bad vibes mannn.

18. Card Shark

Card Shark Referee

On my way to Knights V Eels game, be on the free piss.

Couple of heartstarters at a nearby pub & then get there when the bar opens @ 5.50, just in time for the real game.

Hope they got fox on there or it’s on the phone.

Bring it on!

19. snout

snout Juniors

Us by 14.

Card Shark likes this.
  20. Differ To The Coifed

Differ To The Coifed Juniors

Either way doesn’t matter too much. Still think we are long odds for the 4 but I’d just like to see a smart professional performance.