What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 77 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 16.3%

• Total voters

Chimp

Bench
This thread has done a 180 turn…. When the thread was firs posted, the answer to the question was unequivocally YES…. But now, I’m pretty sure is an unequivocal NO, as everyone thinks Latrell is a shit merkin.

snickers007

Juniors
Latrell racism scandal rocks the NRL…

abused by spectators at Kogarah

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...t/news-story/5bd70c2c3a6f980290188b6e806b5ae7
NRL hopefully comes down on this like a tonne of bricks

Some interesting commentary at the bottom of the article - I'm guessing it will be removed at some stage soon:

Despite two tries against the Dragons, questions about Mitchell’s effectiveness at fullback remain.

Jack Bird’s try in the 26th minute was evident of that.

As the Dragons spread the ball wide, Mitchell was just jogging across at fullback.

Had he been rushing across like Dylan Edwards does all the time, he would’ve had a great chance to stop the try.

In the 59th minute Mitchell didn’t get across again in time to stop second rower Jaydn Su’A diving on a ball to score off a grubber kick.

This has been happening for years. Go back and watch the highlights of the 2022 preliminary final.

It took 22 minutes for Mitchell to inject himself into the game and he did that when scoring off a Cody Walker grubber in behind the line.

He scored another off a Dragons mistake when the game was over.

Penrith fan

Juniors
And the cycle continues.

“They said ‘Latrell is like Mundine and the rest of them, a black whinger that needs to learn to shut up’.

“Cody was then called a “dirty dog”... After the fifth occasion, I called the man out when he said Latrell was a “black bastard” and when I asked him to stop he said “why should I, it’s my opinion” and he continued to repeat it.

“I then called security and he asked the man what he said. The man admitted to saying “black bastard” and more. The security then said to me “so what he didn’t say it to you”.

“The man that was [making the comments] then proceeded to leave the ground and I begged the security guard to get his details off him before he left.

“The security guard refused and threatened to kick me out of the ground because I called him an “idiot” for not doing anything.”

So, there is no one who is the perpetrator and unless the security guard somehow remembers the guy's name, there is no way to catch up with these people. Assuming they did racially abuse Walker and Mitchell.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Hold on, it says Cody was called a dog. Is that going to be retroactively turned into a racist term now?

seems long
That took longer than expected for someone to suggest it's a lie.

well it’s a crime being reported by a single person who doesn’t know who the person was and the person had disappeared when the cops supposedly arrived.

so forgive some of us if we wait for a bit more evidence than some chick going on a rant on their socials

King hit

Coach
Hold on, it says Cody was called a dog. Is that going to be retroactively turned into a racist term now?

seems long

well it’s a crime being reported by a single person who doesn’t know who the person was and the person had disappeared when the cops supposedly arrived.

so forgive some of us if we wait for a bit more evidence than some chick going on a rant on their socials
Yeah I wonder how many people actually wait for evidence or just base their entire knowledge from a 20 second Tik tok video