What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 78 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 16.1%

• Total voters

Maximus

Coach
Yeah we've now had multiple different people claim that it happened, but King hit who despises Latrell, and self-confessed Cronulla rioter Danish know better.

Danish

Referee
Yeah we've now had multiple different people claim that it happened, but King hit who despises Latrell, and self-confessed Cronulla rioter Danish know better.

We’ve had 1 person sitting in the grand stand alleging someone calling latrell a black merkin and Cody a dog, with that person being apparently interviewed by the NRL. Those look like we’ll get some definitive evidence and decision on.

we then have a news ltd journo claiming to have witnessed completely separate events on the hill, which seem sketchy at best. A group of dragons AND Souths fans joining together to hurl racist abuse for seemingly an entire game to the cheers and laughs of those arose them? Colour me skeptical on that one

Maximus

Coach
We’ve had 1 person sitting in the grand stand alleging someone calling latrell a black merkin and Cody a dog, with that person being apparently interviewed by the NRL. Those look like we’ll get some definitive evidence and decision on.

we then have a news ltd journo claiming to have witnessed completely separate events on the hill, which seem sketchy at best. A group of dragons AND Souths fans joining together to hurl racist abuse for seemingly an entire game to the cheers and laughs of those arose them? Colour me skeptical on that one

Don't forget the council who confirmed a complaint was made, and the police who confirmed that a complaint was made and that they are investigating. But of course you know better.

Penrith fan

Juniors

NRL to punish fan over alleged racial abuse of Souths duo​

The NRL is set to come down hard on a fan who allegedly racially abused Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker, with the integrity unit in the process of finalising a sanction.

Frailty

First Grade
fame, notoriety, clicks, social media clout. Standard stuff.
I’m referring to the original complaint. Where is the benefit to that person?

We don’t know who they are, they haven’t seemingly made themselves known, so can’t exactly get any benefit to it.

They weren’t the victims or the target, so unlikely to have any civil matters that would result in any kind of compensation.

Danish

Referee
I’m referring to the original complaint. Where is the benefit to that person?

We don’t know who they are, they haven’t seemingly made themselves known, so can’t exactly get any benefit to it.

They weren’t the victims or the target, so unlikely to have any civil matters that would result in any kind of compensation.

the original complain, fair. That was in the stands, seat numbers recorded, and the bloke found and banned.

the bloke writing the news article is much more suspect. Heard the occasional racist comment at games in my time but the notion there was a group of fans of opposing teams joined together in racially taunting the same player while even more people laughed is just too ridiculous

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Yes let’s all take the word of a news corp gutter journalist as gospel everyone. No need for verification or anything, he’s got first hand accounts of him and his anonymous indigenous friend (because he is not racist you see).

if someone is shouting out that shit at Kogarah it will be easily picked up on the crowd mics. You can hear individual taunts all the time in suburban grounds. So let’s wait till someone who doesn’t have clicks to farm comes out with some actual evidence

I say we just kick out the storm and call it a day

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unsure what that means, although I do like to have some proof besides anonymous email + news ltd journo to confirm if something has happened
I was at the game and I know you're wrong. Time to pull your head in.

NRL has taken action. Good to see. These things need to be nipped in the bud, not excused by idiots.

Danish

Referee
I was at the game and I know you're wrong. Time to pull your head in.

NRL has taken action. Good to see. These things need to be nipped in the bud, not excused by idiots.

were you in the stand on on the hill?

There are 2 completely separate incidents being claimed - the grandstand clearly happened and has already involved the bloke being found and banned, the news corp journo reporting a group of Souths and dragons fans joining racist forces seems less believable.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
were you in the stand on on the hill?

There are 2 completely separate incidents being claimed - the grandstand clearly happened and has already involved the bloke being found and banned, the news corp journo reporting a group of Souths and dragons fans joining racist forces seems less believable.
You chose your hill to die on. You got it wrong.