What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

carcharias

Immortal
Oh look, the NRL said it was wrong.

Will the Sharks fans admit the refs gave them the match on a platter? I doubt it. They’re totally deluded.

Ha

Not one player was even looking at him when he half put it up before quickly putting it back down .
If that’s your argument you deserve to lose
To us
At our joint
With a coach like Ricky
So tender

First rule of footy
Play to the whistle

PJ

First Grade
To be fair the touchy shouldnt have raised his flag as it wasn't touched by the centre (ball didn't change flight or spin hence I don't think it was touched) but the Faiders should have done what they are taught to do from juniors, play to the whistle.
Whistle wasnt blown play doesnt stop

skeepe

Immortal
From the same article

"I just criticised my players in there for not playing to the whistle, then they tell me the flag went up and the referee called knock on.

"So what are they meant to do? Referee calls knock on and the flag goes up ..."

Diesel

Referee
I don't blame the refs, it's not their fault

*Continues to list reasons why it was the refs fault*

*Talks about cricket*

*Continues to list reasons why it was the refs fault*
Then after the refs, blames the touchies

PJ

First Grade
From the same article
Maybe they are not being completely honest, the way many are in the face of criticism.

Coverage I was watching pretty sure they said ref raised whistle but didnt blow it.

It was a sh!t situation and I am ok with it going the way of the team playing to the whistle.

PJ

First Grade
It was a knock on against val for the same thing.
Even though no knock on in the process f scoring a try.

I haven’t seen the replay
This was just from my memory from the game
Memory is wrong.

Ruling was Val was tackled in goal, not s knock on.

PJ

First Grade
Are we talking about when the Raiders were going over to score and Val stripped it?
That was what I was refering to.

If so it works in that Val stripped the ball and is on his back in goal and a Raiders player puts his hands on him.

Tackle effected.

Ref goes to video ref saying no try and if ball is not grounded by raiders for a try then no try stands and it is Sharks tackle one. Tackle in goal and thus drop out.

PJ

First Grade
If its the same incident no, Val stripped it.

Hodgson was complaining and ref told him hes allowed to strip it if in the act of scoring.

Then they ruled he was tackled once hed stripped it.

skeepe

Immortal
I thought raider dude lost the ball
I saw it only at the game
No, he had possession all the way to the ground. It was only stripped out after the tackle was complete and therefore should have been called held up, play the ball.

Another one they got wrong.

PJ

First Grade
No, he had possession all the way to the ground. It was only stripped out after the tackle was complete and therefore should have been called held up, play the ball.

Disagree completely.

They were fighting to ground and hold up respectively and Val took it.

Raiders player trying to twist to get ball down See it almost every game where players twist and turn in goal trying to get ball down in in goal with progress stopped.

One of the few they got right.

Same as other end when Ramien tried to score.

carcharias

Immortal

How many did they get wrong that went the Raiders way?

blaza88z

Coach
I would usually come in here taking the piss out of Ricky but I can't do it, Raiders had a certain try disallowed and a knock on where the touchie actually raised the flag called play on and a try was awarded, it pretty much ended their season or any hope they had left

PJ

First Grade
I would usually come in here taking the piss out of Ricky but I can't do it, Raiders had a certain try disallowed and a knock on where the touchie actually raised the flag called play on and a try was awarded, it pretty much ended their season or any hope they had left

Faiders had bad calls tonight, but honestly a side with the talent they have to be as far out of the 8 as they it is very rich to say this result ended their season.If this was rd 2 and one of their other shock loses from earlier tonight wed barely hear a word.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's Ricky v the world.

Has any man in history had to face so much adversity?

Keep plugging away Stick, the good times aren't far away.