What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Thoroughly convinced Ricky has a screw loose. He gave Hasler a serving of the kitchen sink when apparently Des wasn't even looking for a blue, he called the refs cheats in the press conference and even dropped an F bomb right in front of the journos....And that was after a win. Imagine the serve he would've given if the Tits snagged the point. He's a seriously bad tempered little prick.

Are we sure he isn't actually skeepe?

Penrith fan

Juniors
Sticky can't help himself. He is like a smelly, abusive, loud, incoherent, cranky, old "crack"addict looking for his next hit and Rugby League is his drug of choice.

Last edited:

gerg

Juniors
Thoroughly convinced Ricky has a screw loose. He gave Hasler a serving of the kitchen sink when apparently Des wasn't even looking for a blue, he called the refs cheats in the press conference and even dropped an F bomb right in front of the journos....And that was after a win. Imagine the serve he would've given if the Tits snagged the point. He's a seriously bad tempered little prick.

Puhlease....

He was clearly calling the Titans cheats and calling out Hasler's tactics, not calling the referee a cheat.

I was going to say given how much Skeepe posts during Raiders matches they couldn’t be the same, but given Ricky’s use of his bench he obviously isn’t focused on coaching during games.

skeepe

Immortal

He didn't call the refs cheats you crackbrained jackanape.

Watch the press conference. He was quite calm and even-handed, and he deliberately avoided giving his thoughts on the Titans tactics until a reporter asked him to comment about Hasler's ref whinge. It was only then that he said the TITANS were cheating with the way they were holding down and constantly offside - and he was 100% correct.

So how about you do a little research before you go off half-cocked, eh?

mozza91

Coach
He didn't call the refs cheats you crackbrained jackanape.

Watch the press conference. He was quite calm and even-handed, and he deliberately avoided giving his thoughts on the Titans tactics until a reporter asked him to comment about Hasler's ref whinge. It was only then that he said the TITANS were cheating with the way they were holding down and constantly offside - and he was 100% correct.

So how about you do a little research before you go off half-cocked, eh?
You win the debate for the use of the word jackanape.

Reflector

Juniors
I can imagine how that interview went down...

PB: Do you mind if I talk to some of your players later?

RS: Why?

PB: Well, my plane doesn't leave until 1:30 so I'll hang about if that's ok and have a chat to them...

RS: Well, I wanna see what they say for...

PB: I'm not going to put anything nasty.

RS: They're not going to say anything nasty, so...

PB: Ok...Right, so would you like to tell me your individual outlook on coaching?

RS: Sure...put 'Ricky Stuart is refreshingly candid for a man with such responsibility'-

PB: Yeah can you just answer in your own words and I'll just- I'll work it out later-

RS: Stuart mused, and then replied-

PB: Sorry Ricky, can you just say what's on your mind and I'll get it down-

RS: But are you getting it down? You're not doing short-hand, and I can be pretty *clicks fingers*

PB: Just...

RS: Ok, I guess your question was 'Is it difficult to remain passionate and yet so popular?'

PB: Well that wasn't my question-

RS: Well shall I answer that one first-

PB: Can we just stick to my questions-

RS: Well you should be clear what the question is. That's why I'm getting a little bit...you know...

PB: Ok...private life, just to flesh out Ricky Stuart, the man...is there a better half?

RS: Ricky quipped: why drink OAK when you can be a Canberra Milk kid?

PB: So you're a parochial kind of guy?

RS: Well I'm not going around saying everything else outside Canberra is shit, but I'm making the best of what this place has to offer while there's time, I suppose...

PB: So is there a particular thing about Canberra that sets it above everywhere else?

RS: Oh...well I don't kiss and tell mate... we don't do that.

PB: Oh, I'm just trying to find out if you like a bit of an 'Us and them' mentality about the place

RS: Stuart says 'No comment'

PB: So you don't have an 'Us and them' attitude to your coaching?

RS: What is an 'Us and them' attitude?

PB: A seige mentality?

RS: Now don't get coarse- in an article for the public- I don't think you'll win an award for garbage...That's why my professionalism is probably only as important as my humanism

BadnMean

Juniors
I was going to say given how much Skeepe posts during Raiders matches they couldn’t be the same, but given Ricky’s use of his bench he obviously isn’t focused on coaching during games.

The Raiders don't actually have a data man- the bloke in the box on the laptop just types out Ricky/Skeepe's rants verbatim for him.