What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

The only issue with Ricky is he can't handle losing.

Handed a gun roster at the Roosters wins a premiership straight away, Roosters enter a rebuild with legends retiring, he has a dummy spit and leaves.

Sharks fluke season coming 3rd on the back of winning 12 games by less then 6 points, following couple seasons those close games go the other way.. dummy spit and leaves.

Australia wins his first 10 games, loses one abuses the ref and is forced to resign.

Parramatta takes over a crap roster, can't handle losing mid contract leaves to signs at the Raiders.

Handed a gun roster at the Roosters wins a premiership straight away, Roosters enter a rebuild with legends retiring, he has a dummy spit and leaves.

Sharks fluke season coming 3rd on the back of winning 12 games by less then 6 points, following couple seasons those close games go the other way.. dummy spit and leaves.

Australia wins his first 10 games, loses one abuses the ref and is forced to resign.

Parramatta takes over a crap roster, can't handle losing mid contract leaves to signs at the Raiders.
Hits the nail on the head. It’s always someone else’s fault too. That said I feel at the sharks he had a lot go against him, not limited to his star man basically forcing the club to sack him

He was fired by the Roosters because how he handled the "rebuild" after Fittler retired.

2002-04 he refused to blood many youngsters, and overly relied on the starting 13. Hence by the finals in 2003 and 2004, they were not at their physical best. Not saying they lost due to that, in the 03 GF Penrith played brillaintly, just it contributed to it. Also his lack of replacing Jason Cayless after 2005 when he went to St Helens was the other death knell. Stuart kept recruiting second rowers when the proiblem was the lack of front rowers.

Some of his coaching strategies have not changed since then, which I think have hurt his teams more than helped.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

He's a weak gutted dog person

mongoose

Coach

All those teams let Rick down, Rick doesn't stick with losers.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
5e1912503d73cd2e42caf4c625948d3a.gif

Absolute dogshit.

Leaving eels and sharks fans crying has been Rickster's legacy.

One of the great coaches.
A premiership in his first year than nothing for the next 470 odd games.
First Australia coach to lose a World Cup since Banjo Patterson.

As I said, one of the great fraudsters of all time.
Get mates with the right people in the media = no pressure. Easier for them to heap shit on someone like demetriou for a poor half season than question 20 years of rubbish.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Leaving eels and sharks fans crying has been Rickster's legacy.

One of the great coaches.
A premiership in his first year than nothing for the next 470 odd games.
First Australia coach to lose a World Cup since Banjo Patterson.

As I said, one of the great fraudsters of all time.
Won an origin series.

Just had to bring back an immortal despite originally leaving him out of the original squad for game 2.

I appreciate it is not necessarily an easy sell to convince a young player to come to Canberra, but I do wonder if you are a quality player do you really want to play for Ricky?

Latest posts