What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Sir Alex a Tyrant?

Bebeto in Japan

Juniors
It is not like me to go for 3 weeks and not have a gripe at something but this weeks events in Manchester and Rome got up my nose. Last year, Australia's Mark Bosnich felt the wrath of Sir Alex because of a grudge from the early 90s and this week, the world's most expensive defender Jaap Stam was given the arse by Sir Alex without any warning. One minute he is living in Manchester and the next minute, he is told to fly over to Rome and live there. The Bosnich episode left a nasty taste in my mouth, not just because Bozza is an Aussie but he won so many games for Man United. Now, Holland's Jaap Stam? Several up and coming youngsters have been given the arse by Sir Alex. Is Alex such a tyrant that he gets off on destroying other player's careers? Bosnich is all but ruined thanks to that SOB.

Pathetic!

L

legend

I think he is a tyrnat but not the only one. Most of the coaches in the Premier League have bigger egos than the players. To me Ferguson sounds like a grumpy old bastard.

G@v

Juniors
I can't understand the thought's behind his decision to get rid of Jaap Stam - that book wasn't reason enough -and I think he's made a mistake by selling him.

If you want to be a Manchester United player, and a successfull one at that, you toe the line, or else. That's why they've won everything going for so long, that's why Fergie is one of the greatest football managers.

Mark Bosnich was a lazy barsteward who thought he only had to turn up, he was a whinging slacker, and you'd find that 99% of United fans would back me up on that.

Ferguson is a tyrant, and a bloody successfull one at that.

Bebeto in Japan

Juniors
Bosnich lazy?

Who won the Toyota cup against Palmeiras? Roy Keane may have scored the goal but it was Bosnich that kept Alex (the Brazilian Alex not the Scotish SOB) and co from scoring against them. Who kept Man United in the game against Real Madrid in that famous European Cup tie? Again, it was Bosnich. Fabian Barthez is not even good enough to carry Bozza's suitcases. Barthez is not worth Bosnich's finger nail clippings. Sir Alex is an egotistical tyrant. The real story behind why Bosnich left Man United as a teenager can be found on www.theworldgame.com.au in Les Murray's column. The more I read that, the more I loath Sir Alex. If Bosnich is a whinger, Sir Alex should have a dummy in his mouth. He is a child!

G@v

Juniors
Who the f%&k is Les Murray? Then again who cares.

That column is an Aussiecentric view of a game they are still getting to grips with.

Mark Bosnich was a decent goalie, but also a bit of an idiot (Remember the Hitler salute at White Hart Lane?)but one of the best in the world? I don't think so!

G@v

Juniors
BTW, Fergie might be a child, an idiot, or whatever anyone else might wish to label him. But his record speaks for itself.

TheSaint

Juniors
Who cares. the man is the most succesful manager in the local (English) game.

We get rid of Stam and purchase another Frenchmen. There is nothing better then a mad Frenchman playing for the Red Devils.

Fergie can do what he wants. I've all ready heard someone say that he's trying to destroy the club before he goes. The funny thing is, it'll probably still end up with the Trophy returning to Old Trafford.

There are all ready a numerous amounts of positives I can see all ready this season. For starters, Andy Cole is on the nose. I've been waiting for that glorious day for over 5 years now. Think how easy United took Titles with this unco, Think how it's going to be with out him. Personally, I hope he goes to Sunderland to make that dickhead Newcastle United Supporter who got the Andy Cole Tat' on his thigh a week before his transfer to Manchester look like an even bigger dickhead.

"We're Shit, and We're Champions" Sung at White Hart Lane by Man Utd fans after winning the title and giving a few other teams a chance to win a few games.

G@v

Juniors
Not just in England! In fact some commentators rate his record at Aberdeen as a greater acheivment than what he has done for United.

Scottish Champions - 1980, 84, 85.
Scottish FA Cup - 1982, 83, and 84
Scottish League Cup - 1986
European Cup Winners Cup - 1983

During his reign as manager, Aberdeenhalted the Old Firmstranglehold on Scottish football, and supplied Scotland with the likes of Strachan, Miller, Mcleish, Archibald and McGhee.

Ickis

Juniors
All-time Raiders:

1. Gary Belcher
2. Brett Mullins
3. Mal Meninga
4. Ruben Wiki
5. Kenny Nagas
6. Laurie Daley
7. Ricky Stuart
8. Glenn Lazarus
9. Steve Walters
10. Sam Backo
11. Dean Lance (c)
12. Gary Coyne
13. Bradley Clyde

14. Mark McLinden
15. Clinton Schifcofske
16. Luke Davico
17. Jay Hoffman

Ickis

Juniors
Bloody hell, reading this through the once-a-day e-mail stuffs up which headings posts come under.

And I left David Furner out of my best all time Raiders team - silly mistake!

Gav buddy, Bosnich at his best without having to worry about petty politics is one of the best in the world. I would personally hate to play with man united, unless you are in egotistial jackass then you are not going to have fun at that club. Look at the egos, look at sir alex! Id like to see Bosnich get another chance at a club without being pressured, then we would see the best out of him....
Not coming to grips with the game eh?? Look at all the players we have churned out who now play in Europe. Kewell and Viduka are both superstars now, on the big $$$. But the truth is, most people in Australia couldn't give much of a rats about soccer. The NSL (local comp) has quite a few teams who struggle to pull more then 3000 to a game, and the ruling body is corrupt with a capital C....
Gav, if the aussies put their minds to it and supported the game fully, then you would find yourself watching another sport where the aussies kick british arse! haha ;)
The Fan.

G@v

Juniors
Moff, the way I saw it (I admit I didn't follow events closely) is that Bosnich spat the dummy. OK, maybe Sir Alec didn't treat him in the best way possible. I am more concerened about the way he has handled the Stam affair. I think he has possibly lost the plot on that one.

I agree that Fergie is a tyrant, and not the sort of person I'd want as a friend - look at the way he treated Brian Kidd.

The bottom line is, he made United a great side again, and that's all the punters care about.

No worries Gav, i take your point....Its similar with Chris Anderson and Ribot with the Melbourne Storm. They may be arseholes and pricks, but the fact remains that they took them to a premiership within 2 yrs of their inception...
Go leeds!
The Fan.

Bebeto in Japan

Juniors
I refuse to agree that Sir Alex is a proven manager. It took him 7 years to win a league with Manchester United and with all the money at his disposal, that is one disgraceful effort. he did nothing special with Scotland when he was in change of their national team (apart from knocking Australia out in the qualifiers in 1985). As for Aberdeen, he had a great bunch of players to use. Give him a team like Ipswich or Bolton or Charlton who don't have the funds that Manchester United has and see how good a manager he really is.

7 years to win the League. Which manager keeps their job that long? he owes a lot to the club for not sacking him for mediocre results early on.

G@v

Juniors
So, it took him 7 years to win the league. It took Bill Shankly longer to achieve that with Liverpool, and I rate him as one of the greats.

As for the money at his disposal argument. He spent very little over the first few years on his way to that first championship. He was the man he rebuilt the famed United youth development. The man in charge of the youth teamwas born in the small village where I live.

Ferguson built most of that Aberdeen team, he moulded them into winners!And when a great football writer like Hugh Mcillvannie [sp] rates his acheivements at Aberdeen as possibly greater than those at United I don't necessarily agree - but I take notice of such commments.

If you don't like Alex Ferguson that's fine! But don't let it cloud your judgement of his achievements. I never liked Don Revie, and cared even less for his team, but at least I recognize how good they were.