What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the tide turning at The West Australian?

Perth Red

Post Whore
For many years The West has largely ignored RL. I can't help but notice there is an increasing amount of RL news in the sports sections these days including a round up of the WARL on a Monday and good game previews on a Friday and Saturday.

They have even filled the "Other Sports" section on the website with RL news. Who knows they may soon deem us worthy to have a RL section of our very own!

Kilmo(SP)

Juniors
I did notice this and almost fell off my chair while reading it.......

I was shocked to say the least !!!!!

jargan83

Coach
I remember sometime within the past two weeks they had 2 whole pages dedicated to League.

I doubt we will get our own section as this state is too obsessed with AFL, the Super Soccer liftout has disappeared unless they are waiting for the EPL to start, but it is great to see RL getting some exposure even for the local comp

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've also noticed the TV Guide on a Sunday doesn't list NRL in its "what's on" sports listings. It's just about the only televised sport it doesn't list!

Nuke

Staff member
Been like that all year though (it annoys me EVERY week). The only times League has gotten a mention in there is the Origin games, 1 or 2 rounds earlier in the season, and Round 1 where Newcastle vs Canterbury was their pick for sporting event of the week (of all sports, not just NRL). Thing is, that particular game wasn't even a Ch9 game!