What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the worst suspension of all-time?

Lambretta

First Grade
Its a fair dinkum contender
In other news Justin Hodges concusses a player, gets a grade one charge, takes an early plea and can play this weekend

Dear judiciary and the NRL "You want your f**king heads looked at"

rabbitohs95

Bench
It's a known rule you can't touch the referee.

I'd say ones that copped way more weeks than they deserved are worse, like Junior Paulo getting 8 weeks earlier this year for a tackle that should've gotten 4 at worst.

rooster25

Juniors
It's a known rule you can't touch the referee.

I'd say ones that copped way more weeks than they deserved are worse, like Junior Paulo getting 8 weeks earlier this year for a tackle that should've gotten 4 at worst.

Come on take off your Rooster hating glassses for a minute.. Yes you shouldn't touch a ref but this is ridiculous, how can Moa get suspended while Justin hodges,swinging arm to the head of Hoffman, is let off? And I agree Paulo did not deserve 8 weeks. There is no consistency in any rulings

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Come on take off your Rooster hating glassses for a minute.. Yes you shouldn't touch a ref but this is ridiculous, how can Moa get suspended while Justin hodges,swinging arm to the head of Hoffman, is let off? And I agree Paulo did not deserve 8 weeks. There is no consistency in any rulings

I'd say he should've gotten a charge but a 1 week suspension was harsh. It's just the judiciary trying to put on their tough guy act when really they have no idea what they're doing.

cleary89

Coach
He wouldn't have gotten a week if he didn't have carry over points. Moral of the story, don't touch referees especially if you have a history of being a grub, you may miss a week.

Danish

Referee
When Hodges can give a good old fashioned stiff arm straight to the head of a player and not miss a week, then this is pretty laughable

Danish

Referee
Also, remember back in 2011 when Thurston pushed Chechin over and didn't get any penalty? Seems that a friendly touch on the should while talking is worse than that

cleary89

Coach
Also, remember back in 2011 when Thurston pushed Chechin over and didn't get any penalty? Seems that a friendly touch on the should while talking is worse than that

Because they got it wrong 4 years ago they should continue getting it wrong? Do you think touching referee's is ok? Is it not worth the least possible charge that means they don't miss a week yet lets people know touching referee's is never ok?

Danish

Referee
Because they got it wrong 4 years ago they should continue getting it wrong? Do you think touching referee's is ok? Is it not worth the least possible charge that means they don't miss a week yet lets people know touching referee's is never ok?

He is missing a week. That's the bullshit of it.

And if they want to enforce a strict no touching rule with the refs, they had better instruct refs to stop f**king touching players like they do every bloody game. Can't have it both ways

Snappy

Coach
Were these Roosters fans outraged when Sam Thaiday missed a week for the exact same thing last year ?

cleary89

Coach
He is missing a week. That's the bullshit of it.

And if they want to enforce a strict no touching rule with the refs, they had better instruct refs to stop f**king touching players like they do every bloody game. Can't have it both ways

You should be upset that he got himself charged in the past then.

When do refs touch players?