What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It appears 2UE is back in the game for RL radio rights

eastsrule

Bench
Cheers mate,

easts rules is a union troll so his views on RL issues do not interest me one iota. He's only really of use on LU in TFC.

Get my username right. It is eastsrule.

How about you respond to the fact that the article doesn't name any sources or any facts without resorting to your agenda?

I understand that may be difficult for you. But give it a try.

2GB do a lot to promote Rugby League to the average Australian (ie the people who don't come on LU and RL takes up most of their lives).

Believe it or not, a majority of Australian's don't care about the history of Vichy France, NRL Broadcasting rights, the history of Rugby League in Australia etc. They watch/listen to RL for entertainment.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Cheers mate,

easts rules is a union troll so his views on RL issues do not interest me one iota. He's only really of use on LU in TFC.

The truth hurts mate, keep it up.

Only idiots would want Hardley anywhere near the RLWC, oh and easts rules ;-)

taipan

Referee
They're still trying to work out who is eligible for what...

Are they???:sarcasm:.The majority of countries have already selected prelim squads,and will eliminate as necessary.
You made the comment is this tournament so unorganised.You got the appropriate response.

taipan

Referee

How about you respond to the fact that the article doesn't name any sources or any facts without resorting to your agenda?

2GB do a lot to promote Rugby League to the average Australian (ie the people who don't come on LU and RL takes up most of their lives).

Believe it or not, a majority of Australian's don't care about the history of Vichy France, NRL Broadcasting rights, the history of Rugby League in Australia etc. They watch/listen to RL for entertainment.

We will wait and see what happens should 2GB miss out.
So you speak and have have personal info into the thoughts of the majority of Australians.Well I'll be.:oops:

What part of "he's a troll so who gives a f**k what he thinks" are you having problems understanding?

Fibroman

First Grade
2GB will continue to get the rights all the time A Jones is with them. He has more influence in this country than any other individual.

suthotroy

Juniors
If 2UE outbids 2GB for the rights to cover RLWC then the ARL should be accepting its bid.

Not only would this result in bigger bucks for rugby league but wider coverage.

2UE has one very important thing that 2GB doesn't - A NETWORK!

2UE has affiliates in Brisbane (4BC), Melbourne (3AW), Adelaide (5AA) and Perth (6PR) While I'm not suggesting games would be broadcast in the non-rugby league cities (except maybe the MCG game in November),the money Fairfax Radio would be pumping into the coverage would guarantee that the WRC would be at least promoted by all its stations in talk programs and news coverage.

The only reason NRL games get broadcast on commercial radio in Brisbane is that 4BC (part of the rival Fairfax Radio Network) did a deal to take 2GB's call.

I think the days of exclusive radio deals should end. While I don't deny Hadley's the best radio commentator in the game, the gibber the Continuous Call Team go on with is repetitive and, at times, excruciating.

It's about time the NRL allows open slather in radio coverage.. it would maximise the game's exposure and hopefully allow entrants to the market that will not only provide a great call of the game but in-depth analysis of the game's issues.... instead of what the CCT's offering

Brutus

Referee
It's about time the NRL allows open slather in radio coverage.. it would maximise the game's exposure and hopefully allow entrants to the market that will not only provide a great call of the game but in-depth analysis of the game's issues.... instead of what the CCT's offering

I wouldn't be surprised if what the CCT does suits the NRL down to the ground. Less focus on the issues that count, more on gibber.

Great post BTW.

bartman

Immortal
I think the days of exclusive radio deals should end.
Hear hear. Biggest mistake the administration of the time (Gallop?) ever made. At least so far as the interest and coverage for the code in Sydney has been affected anyway. No wonder there are problems for clubs and crowds etc when you look back to when there were four stations all covering league games on Saturday and Sunday afetrnoons - back when there were actually games scheduled at those times for them to cover!!