What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its Obvious: Lyon to The Knights!!!

Should Lyon be released ... and free to join the Knights?

• Yes, released and free to go where he wants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, the Knights should be given a salary-cap dispensation to sign him

• No, he if he doesn't want to play for the Eels he should be barred from signing elsewhere

• Total voters

Doctor

Bench
If he doesn't want to play, then I say let him go.

The Knights don't have enough money to keep the surplus of talent coming through the junior ranks, and pay Lyon to come to Newcastle.

The last thing the Knights want is another Adam MacDougall - in out, in out all season, then "yeah I'm staying in Newcastle", then "I'm looking at other options" then "yep, I'll sign tomorrow", then "oh sorry boys, I signed this morning with Souths.....forgot to tell you!" :lol:

Lyon is a great player, and he has a big future in rugby league if he wants it. But if he isn't enjoying himself in League, doesn't like the lifestyle or just wants time away from the pressures of sport, then good on him. I wouldn't recommend that Round One of the season is the best time to take a holiday, but then again he is entitled to have the chance to sort out his future.

I'm fairly sure the Knights could only afford him on match-payments anyway, and even then neither party will be all that keen to do any deals.

I wouldn't consider Newcastle a "country" lifestyle - Have you been to Newcastle macavity? :roll:

Macca

Coach
No. I am sick of this rubbish. If the club sacked him he would be suing them. He doesn't live up to his contract and now the Eels should be releasing him?? NO NO NO. If he doesn't have the drive to play for the Eels then he doesn't play. Walker did that to Souths last year and we all know how low an act that was.

macavity

Referee
Oswin said:
The Knights don't have enough money to keep the surplus of talent coming through the junior ranks, and pay Lyon to come to Newcastle.

Have you seen how many guys we have off contract? Im not saying he would be on big dollars anyways - he would have to want to come here - by the sounds of it money isnt his driving force anyways.....

The last thing the Knights want is another Adam MacDougall - in out, in out all season, then "yeah I'm staying in Newcastle", then "I'm looking at other options" then "yep, I'll sign tomorrow", then "oh sorry boys, I signed this morning with Souths.....forgot to tell you!" :lol:

Agreed, but we all knew Doogs was a nutbag.

I wouldn't consider Newcastle a "country" lifestyle - Have you been to Newcastle macavity? :roll:

Ive lived here my entire life.... :roll: and a country lifestyle is definately available just outside the city. Have you ever been up the valley?? Hell, have you ever been to West Wallsend?????!! :roll: :shock:

I sure as hell would consider that a country lifestyle........

As for the person that said Sydney is the greatest city or whatever, dont make me :lol: ..... The best thing about Sydney is the freeway heading north!

I have a feeling he will come back in a year or two, and I get the feeling that he will go back to Parra. He will work something out with the club that will allow him to live away and commute or something, but he will get the urge again.

I hope not to see him sign on elsewhere, that would be pretty low...but I think he will do the right thing by the Eels when and if he returns

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
I would love to see him follow his Parramatta Brothers over the bridge and to Manly.

He would be with Crusher and plenty of mates. We could set him up like we did with Walker.

But i think i am living in a dream world :(

Doctor

Bench
macavity said:

Ive lived here my entire life.... :roll: and a country lifestyle is definately available just outside the city. Have you ever been up the valley?? Hell, have you ever been to West Wallsend?????!! :roll: :shock:

I sure as hell would consider that a country lifestyle........

I suppose - but I wouldn't consider West Wallsend a country lifestyle, you'd have to head up further into woop-woop to find some bigger properties without many people around. West Wallsend is a bit of a hole, but that doesn't qualify as country lifestyle.

There is nowhere within 30 minutes of Newcastle that I would consider 'country'. But it's probably down to personal choice. I have a feel Jamie Lyon is more accustomed to wider and more open paddocks than the ones you'd find in West Wallsend.

woodgers

Bench
Canberra is the way to go if he wants the bush life. Plus in the off season we lost Monaghan, Rutgerson and Lolesi and didn't buy anyone of note so we must have a little dosh to go round. I just can't see him getting a run ahead of Bulgarelli though :lol:

Oswin, maybe he could live at that joint Kurri Kurri. From all reports, it's full of pigs. :D

Doctor

Bench
woodgers said:
Oswin, maybe he could live at that joint Kurri Kurri. From all reports, it's full of pigs. :D

I'm not sure you're talking about the same type of pigs that Lyon would be use to chasing. Kurri is a bit of a hole though - there have been some strange crimes out that way.

Latest posts