What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's over: Lyon's gone

The Worm

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
I don't think any of you are trying to understand this from his perspective. It's hard to actually understand what living out in the country islike unless you have actually been there and done it.

And unless you grew up in the country then it is impossible to understand how it is ingrained into you in a way that is extremely hard to change or eradicate.

Jamie just seems to be one of those people that have something in them that can't be changed. it's unfortunate that he will have to let his talents go to waste, but he is no piece of meat whose sole purpose is to entertain other people. he is first and foremost a human being, and he needs to make sure that that side of him is taken care of first. That is what he is doing, and I personally wish him all the best.

But HJ we've all had to face adversity haven't we? And when you have responsibilities you can't just walk away.

I deplore his actions. Most would give their left nut to have the same opportunities as him - as well as his paypacket. I feel its a slap in the face to anyone who's having a dig in their life.

If you need time to sort yourself out, take a couple of weeks off. then return to your job. Simple. I fully support the stance taken by the club on this issue.

Eels Dude

Coach
eelavation said:
hey!! I'm not at all excusing what he did, not by a long short, I'm just merely explaining the situation of his contract,

I do maintain that his situation is quite unique!! in that he may of pocketed 100k! but he walked away from 650K! for the love of the simple life!!

Unlike Gaz, Peach and Hodge! Jamie is still convinced that life is more important than footy.

Sorry mate, my previous post was in reply to Hollywood Jesus, I wasn't trying to contradict you.

Eelectrica

Referee
If Jamie Lyon had a physical injury that kept him out for the season we would accept that he can't play. In a way Lyon is carrying an injury - not physical obviously but mental which right now is more debilitating to him than any phyiscal injury.

Seeing him play the Gold Coast trial, I thought he looked ready to have a big season. Something changed between than and Rnd 1. His wife/girlfriends miscarriage has affected him in a way that none of us can understand. As is usually the way with mental things, they are hard for people on the outside looking in to understand.

I think his manager saying he won't play first grade until 2007 is more of a way of saying just get off the kids back. There was finality about the statement but things have a way of changing over time, let's see what happens.
And get well soon Jamie.

Edit: This is my way of trying to make sense of the situation.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If Jamie Lyon had a physical injury that kept him out for the season we would accept that he can't play. In a way Lyon is carrying an injury - not physical obviously but mental which right now is more debilitating to him than any phyiscal injury.

At first i thought the same thing, but in the interviews i've read in the past week all he talks about is playing play station hanging around his mates.....playing footy for Wee Waa & working at a club, doesn't sound to me he has many personal issues to deal with.....more issues off sitting on his arse with a $100,000 to live off.

parralight

Juniors
Agreed Ron - just doesnt want to put the hard work in anymore. Thats fine but we will see him in a few years and Im sure he will have his regrets BUT you cant have the time back.

He will never have the same physical prowess that he possess now.