What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC to storm

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/17a49ff9ee45d19261d2128f147724d5
STORM SIGN BACK

Wests Tigers flyer Josh Addo-Carr is poised to sign a three-year-deal with Melbourne.

After making his NRL debut for the Tigers against the Storm back in round seven, the 20-year-old has impressed Craig Bellamy enough to sign a deal which will see him move to the Storm until at least the end of 2019.

Tigers winger Josh Addo-Carr scores a try on debut against the Storm.
Tigers winger Josh Addo-Carr scores a try on debut against the Storm.Source: News Corp Australia
Scoring a try on debut, Addo-Carr joined the Tigers this year after graduating from Cronulla’s NYC system.

Meanwhile, the Storm have signed Ryan Morgan for the rest of the season.

It’s understood the Storm will announce the deal once the contract has been registered with the NRL, although Morgan has already joined his new teammates.

I know he was signed from Cronulla, but have the storm ever had players from their lower grade teams pinched? On the positive side, this no doubt cleared up money for Ava and Simona.

phatnonphatness

Juniors
I just don't get the point in buying a player for a year, having them show promise, and then offloading them. Baffles me. By all accounts, it wasn't costing much to retain him either.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah Storm have lost a fair few lower graders

Rory Kostjasyn, Luke Kelly, Robbie Rochow, Hep Cahill, Willie Isa, Gareth Widdop, Justin O'Neill, Dane Chisholm, Jy Hitchcox all played NSW cup for the Storm in 09 and 1p

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
JAC would've only been on 85k. Hardly freeing up cash for topping up contracts.

Clifferd

Coach
I'd leave to if Nathan Milone was getting picked ahead of me

He will be a gun at Melbourne, probably better than koro

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I live in the hope that this could lead to more game time for Fine. He's a better centre than Kev. Kev is at his best on the wing. I can tolerate his rushing up defence a little when he's a winger

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah Storm have lost a fair few lower graders

Rory Kostjasyn, Luke Kelly, Robbie Rochow, Hep Cahill, Willie Isa, Gareth Widdop, Justin O'Neill, Dane Chisholm, Jy Hitchcox all played NSW cup for the Storm in 09 and 1p

Thanks for the list and contract values. I honestly couldn't think of a single one, but that say more about me than anything else.

I live in the hope that this could lead to more game time for Fine. He's a better centre than Kev. Kev is at his best on the wing. I can tolerate his rushing up defence a little when he's a winger

Agreed. At least on the wing he has the sideline to work with.

Last edited:

Tigerted

Juniors
The brilliant Milone is @ the apex of Taylor's pecking order re our backup players to cover for injuries etc to our NRL 3/4's.

How Milone is playing @ any level beyond park footy baffles me.

We have a no. of decent options like Fine & chee cham.

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
We have a no. of decent options like Fine & chee cham.

Yeah but they are only decent. Milone on the other hand is AWESOME!!!!
Other teams are not even trying to sign him because they know JT would never let such talent go to another club.

JAC, Fine, Chee are just meh kinda players.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Vic Mackey

Referee
FFS this is a joke. We get a great deal on stealing a kid for nothing then have another club probably offer $20k more and we refuse to meet it. Wing is our weakest position by some margain and we're letting a potential star go who reportedly wants to stay.

Just when you think this club is turning the corner...

macnaz

Staff member
Just shits me !! This is the type of player we need . Good luck to him at the Storm , they will now have another crowd favorite to excite their fans while we plod along .

jadtiger

Juniors
Its all good this means that the future legends like Buchanan and Milone will still be with us.Great work again Taylor

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
Its all good this means that the future legends like Buchanan and Milone will still be with us.Great work again Taylor

Kinda have to wonder how much say JT actually has when it comes to who comes and who goes.
Yes i know he should be the one in charge of that, but can't help but wonder if the pressure comes from higher up.

Every time i think of the talent we let slip through our hands (Fifita, Koroibete, Taupau, TMM, JAC and probably Cherrington to name just a few)...damn it, if we kept half of them only, we would be right at the top of the ladder every year instead of, every year, battling hard to win that wooden spoon.

Hey as long as we keep the best in Milone, Buchanan, Brooks, Moses, even Farah and Sironen...surely they will make us a lot more competitive...FFS.

Clifferd

Coach
The funny thing is he will get a starting spot from Round 1 onwards there too, in a successful team that's up there every year, one of the most professionally run clubs in the comp, best coaches in the game, best players in the game, getting paid more than what he was at the Tigers on a longer term deal

Meanwhile he couldn't get a run in our team that just plods around and scrapes the barrel each week.

macnaz

Staff member
Kinda have to wonder how much say JT actually has when it comes to who comes and who goes.
Yes i know he should be the one in charge of that, but can't help but wonder if the pressure comes from higher up.

Every time i think of the talent we let slip through our hands (Fifita, Koroibete, Taupau, TMM, JAC and probably Cherrington to name just a few)...damn it, if we kept half of them only, we would be right at the top of the ladder every year instead of, every year, battling hard to win that wooden spoon.

Hey as long as we keep the best in Milone, Buchanan, Brooks, Moses, even Farah and Sironen...surely they will make us a lot more competitive...FFS.
Throw in Nathan Brown and Jy Hinchcox