What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

OurRedV

Juniors
Just saw a headline in Daily Telegraph (can't read article in full) which says a former cop has been charged with perjury in the De Belin case. Will have to buy tomorrow's paper.
That’s it in a nutshell.

Here’s the article anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_5393.jpeg
    IMG_5393.jpeg
    549.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5394.jpeg
    IMG_5394.jpeg
    858.3 KB · Views: 50

BLM01

First Grade
I would lose all respect for Flanno if he let JDB go. He is one of our key players and shores up the middle every time he is on the field.
To sign Leilua or Mariner and offload JDB is insanity.
Agree but I would not lose respect. Currently for his age JDB is on huge money 750K? as he is reaching retirement. He needs to take a fair pay cut.
Look at Sharks signing Finucane for $600K+. He was solid but he certainly did not have the impact on field he had at Melbourne or his origin days. And to sign him for 4 years at that money was crazy. He lasted basically 2, luckily for them not Dale he was medically retired.
I know Hook tried to get Dale but you look at Sua on similar money.

Agree but I would not lose respect. Currently for his age JDB is on huge money 750K? as he is reaching retirement. He needs to take a fair pay cut.
Look at Sharks signing Finucane for $600K+. He was solid but he certainly did not have the impact on field he had at Melbourne or his origin days. And to sign him for 4 years at that money was crazy. He lasted basically 2, luckily for them not Dale he was medically retired.
I know Hook tried to get Dale but you look at Sua on similar money.
I suspect they budgeted for Finucane not living up to that contract on the field, but they were prepared to cop the salary cap hit for his input on club culture, standards, etc.

Definitely got bailed out with the retirement.

BLM01

First Grade
Finucane was much more than the on-field player, we tried to sign him and it would have been huge for us I suspect.. he was actually on almost a 50% contract for next year, but as DoC said, a very convenient retirement.. its fascinating how that keeps happening for the big clubs.. Keary another classic..
Yeh to be fair Keary is not medically forced retirement same as JWH. Obviously will be looked after like all prime Rooster players "life and income after football". Roosters are the masters at organising that to entice their better players under the sombrero.

HenryTatana

Juniors
I suspect they budgeted for Finucane not living up to that contract on the field, but they were prepared to cop the salary cap hit for his input on club culture, standards, etc.

Definitely got bailed out with the retirement.
And will no doubt have a cosy job high paying job at the club like water boy or remote control operator at video sessions.

Latest posts