What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

Based on the report I fully support the guy. It's bullying and intimidation. Exactly what I would have expected from a Gould dominated club. The fact that RL is a game played by blokes doesn't mean you're entitled to deride and physically dominate anyone. These dickheads need to grow-up.
Be interested to see how Gould spins it since he's got an opinion on everything and a self appointed messiah of the sport.

Penrith fan

Juniors
There are ways to be physically demanding and set high standards without being an emotionally abusive.

Topine was reportedly forced to wrestle every member of the Bulldogs squad because he arrived late to training, with Canterbury’s Head of Performance, Travis Touma inciting the punishment.

The rising star, who had played 16 NRL games at the time, was forced to endure “shark bait” with “30 to 35” of his teammates watching on after they were called back to the wrestling mats.

The events occurred on July 18 2023, and according to the statement lodged to the courts, Topine suffered: “psychiatric injury, deprivation of liberty, humiliation, indignity, physical exhaustion, physical discomfort, anxiety, embarrassment and fear” after the session.

“It is claimed teammates tried to help Topine but were told by Touma things like “Don’t let him up. If he’s down, jump on him straight away!” ... and “don’t congratulate him or help him. He deserved that. He was f..king late.”

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
Based on the report I fully support the guy. It's bullying and intimidation. Exactly what I would have expected from a Gould dominated club. The fact that RL is a game played by blokes doesn't mean you're entitled to deride and physically dominate anyone. These dickheads need to grow-up.
your club hired a coach that would inject his players with anything as long as it won them a comp

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I'm not really sure of the backstory as to why he's sueing them, but the Bulldogs club as a whole can be summed up in this picture.

s-l1200.jpg

bazza

Immortal
I dont want to sound like im defending the club or anything, but since he was a fringe player, do you think it might just be a cash grab, him full well knowing he wasnt going to get another contract, so burn it all down so to speak, get as much as you can on the way out? I dont know the full story other than what the papers printed
or he stayed a fringe player because of the disagreement over this issue

MugaB

Coach
or he stayed a fringe player because of the disagreement over this issue
True, like i said, im not sure what really happened so i would never throw shade on the club or the player, but generally when people hear of news regarding bullying the blinkers go on, and its never his fault, yes this sounds pretty full on, wrestle a whole squad, but it probably happens quite often, and its a deterant not to do it ever again, im sure the past fellas would hate it if topine wins the case, as they went thru a similar hazing, yet learnt from it and became better players, or they could have just sued the club, or its all horseshit and this trainer is a full on complete nutcase that deserves to be thrown in jail, like most here are in agreement with, this might end up a scenerio, where Gould will have to stand trial, and give the "few good men" speech
videotogif_2024.04.24_14.53.10.gif

YOU WANT THE TRUTH!!!

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
The best part of this thread is all those saying it's soft or calling him a little bitch would be the first ones crying to an employment lawyer if their work tried something like this on lmao.
Depends when they were born.

Latest posts