What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

kurt faulk

Coach
Actually Davey left before this happened... RFM if he wants to play anymore NRL won't back him up, no one will trust him anymore... What's he going to say? They trained too hard? Did u see him today? Looks like St George can use some hard training!!

Saints have had 3 of the worst coaches in league history running the team for 12 years. Burper price, the drunk and Peter griffin. Is it any wonder they're as soft as a baby's bottom.

Flanagan wasn't going to sort it out completely in his first season. He will weed out the mental weaklings.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Actually Davey left before this happened... RFM if he wants to play anymore NRL won't back him up, no one will trust him anymore... What's he going to say? They trained too hard? Did u see him today? Looks like St George can use some hard training!!

you're obsessed with the dragons m8

we don't think about you at all

Frailty

First Grade
The amount of people here who clearly haven’t read the claims being made (including Anasta) is really telling.

This suit doesn’t threaten punishments for turning up late, etc. It threatens clubs that allow the abuse and mistreatment of players. The issue isn’t being made to wrestle the shark tank, but the alleged abuse he copped from the training staff, including not allowing players to help him up after the punishment, etc.

There is also consideration that needs to be given to whether the punishment was proportionate. From all reports, he wasn’t late to the actual session as he didn’t need to be strapped.

Did anyone from the club then check on his wellbeing after? The clubs can’t promote mental health awareness and then do the complete opposite.

Iamback

Coach

Again the issue isn't whether training was too hard.

The issue is was the punishment fitting of the crime of being late.

The captain of the club should have a say in team punishments etc, He would also know what punishment others who were late got.

If that is the punishment the club imposes for being late then fair enough he is being soft. The club captain at the time would have a knowledge of such things

Reflector

Juniors
Dude players are late at every club.

Burton at Penrith for example had to post a topless pic asking for a date on his insta as punishment for being late.

Liam Knight at your club now has bleached hair as a punishment for being late.

Odd game in NSW Cup as punishment. So players are punished all the time in various ways.

Whether this punishment is one common to the sport and 2nd if it is a fair punishment is what is the discussion. IF Touma has done it before easily proven in court

That is what no one knows yet
In the early 90's, MG was 5 minutes late to training for City at Leichhardt Oval and Gus was coaching. MG complained about how he had to get there in the traffic from wherever and Gus announced he was cut from the team for being late. MG was fired up and told Gus "I'll have you outside" to which Gus looked straight at him and (calm as you like) said "Well don't let fear hold you back".

Danish

Referee
So you are happy with someone you love to be physically/mentally punished at work? How about humiliated in front of their entire organisation? If you answer yes you are a liar

if my son is ever good enough to play first grade footy or the equivalent level of any sport I’d expect he’d be put through the ringer in order to get there.

the amount of you people trying to compare this to an office worker job or something is truly laughable. I can only assume there’s a big correlation with people who never managed to make a rep level of anything

Vlad59

Juniors
Court room drama in fact. Answer to your second question is, almost certainly, yes. His taking legal action against the club doesn’t make him a ‘sook’. It’s just a fact that the club now has a serious legal problem to deal with.
Who used the word ‘sook’? Not me.

Vlad59

Juniors
I can't believe how many deadshit boomers can't separate punishment from standard training.

Actually I can sadly. There's a reason they're deadshits
Until you reach 100,000 posts your views don’t matter. Great news is you are almost there!

Iamback

Coach
if my son is ever good enough to play first grade footy or the equivalent level of any sport I’d expect he’d be put through the ringer in order to get there.

the amount of you people trying to compare this to an office worker job or something is truly laughable. I can only assume there’s a big correlation with people who never managed to make a rep level of anything

Players aren't robots either they have stuff going on, I'd expect any manager to work with personal issues

Canard

Immortal
I can't believe how many deadshit boomers can't separate punishment from standard training.

Actually I can sadly. There's a reason they're deadshits
Same cohort that think mental health is "not a thing"

simmo05

Bench

I spent 6 years in the infantry, they were the kings of bastardisation and treating people like shit. They have been dragged kicking and screaming into the modern age, now it's the nrls turn.

Vlad59

Juniors
So Topine won the Dogs clubman of the year award in 2022.

yet 6 months later is too soft?

Certainly more to this story
His short career neatly encapsulates all the melodrama of the sport we love. As do the posts above by many. The abuse levelled at people for not sharing a view of others, the stereotyping used as argument, and the false indignation is a joy to read. All over a fella who decided not to play any more. Bring on the lawyers. There is a quid to be made here.

Vlad59

Juniors
I spent 6 years in the infantry, they were the kings of bastardisation and treating people like shit. They have been dragged kicking and screaming into the modern age, now it's the nrls turn.
False equivalency at its most amusing

Danish

Referee
Players aren't robots either they have stuff going on, I'd expect any manager to work with personal issues

To a point. Once you have stopped showing up to work for 4 months with no contact to said manager any company is going to let you go.

but some sort of chronically bad environment not looking after his mental health is not what is being alleged here. He’s alleging a very acute singular incident of bullying/abuse. One which is exaggerated in the extreme given it essentially amounted to 30 extra mins of work added onto a 2 hour session

Iamback

Coach
To a point. Once you have stopped showing up to work for 4 months with no contact to said manager any company is going to let you go.

but some sort of chronically bad environment not looking after his mental health is not what is being alleged here. He’s alleging a very acute singular incident of bullying/abuse. One which is exaggerated in the extreme given it essentially amounted to 30 extra mins of work added onto a 2 hour session

As I said something has happened in the 6 months.

The Clubman of the year at a club is usually the biggest ass kisser award.

So from that to being out 6 months later, Something would of happened.