What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

Yeah guys other clubs don't do the same LOL...

The whole NRL have to back the Dogs or everything will change (Anasta isn't wrong).

Anytime some gets cut or on the outer they will use the Topine excuse.

Is Chamas on the Dogs payroll? Every day he is coming out with something new to push public opinion towards the dogs…

Danish

Referee
No it isnt, its to help them learn a lesson. If the punishment was unreasonable and beyond what should have happened a court will now decide, if it gets there.
Breaking them to the point they feel they can no longer play isnt helping anyone. This kid had talent, was an Australian schoolboy, Bulldogs reserve grade player of year and juts breaking into first grade. Doesnt sound 'weak' to me.

He did learn a lesson - he’s not cut out for first grade.

rugby league is an exclusionary sport. It’s not for everyone, and the people who aren’t good enough aren’t going to have a good time. If you want a game where everyone has a turn go play f**king soccer with their 46 grades of idiots

kurt faulk

Coach
10 or so years ago, we all thought the shoulder charge was one of the highlights of our game, and that banning it would ruin Rugby League forever. We also thought the boys punching on, was just a bit of "argey bargey"

Times changes, standards get updated, society moves on.

I guarantee you that if the nrl charged these idiots who shoulder charge the head 10 weeks suspension instead of the pissy 1 or 2 weeks they used to give no player would ever shoulder charge the head again. There's nothing wrong with the shoulder charge, the nrl just weren't strong enough to stamp out the illegal use of it.

The worst was Inglis trying to decapitate young. That was a 1 year suspension waiting to be called. But then the good old boys came in to bat for Inglis and he only got a putrid 5 or 6 weeks out of the game. Pathetic.

Weak as piss the nrl. Let's ban a great tackle technique because we're too weak to rub out the f**kwits intent on injuring other players.

Vlad59

Juniors
I guarantee you that if the nrl charged these idiots who shoulder charge the head 10 weeks suspension instead of the pissy 1 or 2 weeks they used to give no player would ever shoulder charge the head again. There's nothing wrong with the shoulder charge, the nrl just weren't strong enough to stamp out the illegal use of it.

The worst was Inglis trying to decapitate young. That was a 1 year suspension waiting to be called. But then the good old boys came in to bat for Inglis and he only got a putrid 5 or 6 weeks out of the game. Pathetic.

Weak as piss the nrl. Let's ban a great tackle technique because we're too weak to rub out the f**kwits intent on injuring other players.

Watched that tackle by Inglis in a pub in Maroochydore back in the day. It was fecking ugly. Could have killed him.

dogslife

Coach
Feels like quite a few in here would welcome him with open arms seeing as though he's been so hard done by. Wonder why none of their clubs feel the same?

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Was a way tiny blokes could actually belt huge merkins. Some of Sandow's hits were peak rugby league entertainment

kurt faulk

Coach
Watched that tackle by Inglis in a pub in Maroochydore back in the day. It was fecking ugly. Could have killed him.

I couldn't believe all the "it's not his go", "it was a mistake", "young contributed to the incident as he wasn't self aware" bullshit all these bozos came up with. Every time Inglis played again after that I wanted someone to break both his legs. He's a germ of person. These cocks probably said the same thing when he belted his partner. f**kwits.

Reflector

Juniors
This thread feels like it's turned into a tug of war between the school of hard knocks, we lived in a hole in the road and walked 3 miles to school types and people who still think The Chaser is hilarious, daring satire that pushes the envelope...

Reading the article, this seems to have gone well beyond the "do some extra because you were late" and into full-blown bullying/humiliation by the trainer. Sounds as if some psychological damage was inflicted as well.

Topine didn't even realise he was late - turned up at 8:10 for an 8:30 session, he thought only players who needed strapping were supposed to be there by 8am.

If the NRL is serious about supporting mens mental health they ought to intervene - dismissing this incident as "club culture" or "that's how it's always been" simply isn't good enough.
This is crazy shit.

"I didn't realize" is not an excuse . Sorry I didnt realize I was meant to tackle him, I thought you were - WTF

This kid will never succeed at anything, he's already a failure, cant handle some hard work after letting down you team mates? He's not cut out for professional team sport.

EDIT - he's not cut out for anything. Grow a pair and be a man ffs or go and learn ballet

To clarify, were Young and those decrying GI, snowflakes? I must remember it differently, because I thought that hit was f**king awesome. Maybe GI bullied Young too hard?

MugaB

Coach
To clarify, were Young and those decrying GI, snowflakes? I must remember it differently, because I thought that hit was f**king awesome. Maybe GI bullied Young too hard?
The hit was spectacular, but Greg should never have left the ground, otherwise pretty brutal, Dean Young also was looking for someone to pass to, so wasn't looking directly at Inglis, that was a whole shitshow,
Could even go to the point where the Shoulder/arm/elbow collected him in the head, not just the impact from landing on the ground knocking him out.... plus the 25 idiots immediately rumbling over his limp body... nowadays that's unexceptable, purely from leaving the ground, and the moronic push and shove trampling afterwards

Dale Finacane had a similar one with Crichton last year or year before, i think, broke his ear, just from impact, but really was more spectacular than the intentional head high, the arm and shoulders completely missed Stephen, I think it was dale's chest hitting him... this same discussion of snowflakes came up on nrl360 regarding that incident when the panel was asked the appropriate time off for dale's punishment

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Feels like quite a few in here would welcome him with open arms seeing as though he's been so hard done by. Wonder why none of their clubs feel the same?

How does he train normally?

All that has come out is he was unable to do 30 mins of extra wrestling post training,

I'd bet there are many playing currently in that same boat.

Again it isn't training as a whole was too hard, It's he couldn't handle this extra

Latest posts