What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Friend gets bond in drug case

Stagger eel

Staff member
doesn't sound like a big deal tbh...

sounds like the kid is constantly targeted by the fuzz...

Eels Dude

Coach
doesn't sound like a big deal tbh...

sounds like the kid is constantly targeted by the fuzz...

Yeah probably a couple of arrogant pigs. "Oh there's Jake Friend, that Roosters player always mucking up... let's have a bit of fun and search him, see what we can come up with just for kicks"

sretsoor

Juniors
Valium is ofter prescribed by doctors as a pain suspressant. Not hard to see he was given some to ease any injury received hours earlier.

badav

Bench
How is this even newsworthy in any way whatsoever.

Must've been some seriously lame and bored cops as well to write someone up for possession of two valium tablets. Surely they have more important calls

Slackboy72

Coach
Are we going to take bets on the first commentator to call his or the rooters performance as 'sedate'.
I'm guessing it will be Gorden Tallis and that he will think that it is champagne comedy.

Greenbits

Juniors
Are we going to take bets on the first commentator to call his or the rooters performance as 'sedate'.
I'm guessing it will be Gorden Tallis and that he will think that it is champagne comedy.

:lol:

He should sign with the AFL where he will get three chances at this.

Evenflow

Bench
Did it occur to anyone that he wasn't actually charged with not having a script at that exact time he was naqbbed, but maybe he might not have been prescribed the drug in the first place and couldn't prove with a script (even at a later date) that he obtained them legally? I know it's hard to believe but some people actually do take vallium that isn't prescribed. If they can prove they are prescribed and again, even at a later date then surely there wouldn't be a problem would there?

Personally i hope there's f**k all in it because obviously the kid has had issues and has worked hard to come back from them.

Faddy

Juniors
Yeah probably a couple of arrogant pigs. "Oh there's Jake Friend, that Roosters player always mucking up... let's have a bit of fun and search him, see what we can come up with just for kicks"
Sounds like it!

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
Forgive my ignorance as I have always been a person to more than often simply try to get high on life itself without additives (except for a brief interlude with cocaine, HGH, alcohol and some androgenic substances) - BUT what the f**k can taking Valium do for you besides make you drowsy and possibly fall asleep at the bar?
Surely there is no way to get a high from this drug?
I am all for booting drug cheats / users out of the game, but if Friend wants to put himself to sleep then that is his business and I fail to see the harm................................unless he is driving a motor vehicle or similar at the time.

Ulysseus

Bench

Being fair IF Gordon does say that it will be the smartest thing he has said this year, by the length of the flemmington straight no less.

sretsoor

Juniors
Forgive my ignorance as I have always been a person to more than often simply try to get high on life itself without additives (except for a brief interlude with cocaine, HGH, alcohol and some androgenic substances) - BUT what the f**k can taking Valium do for you besides make you drowsy and possibly fall asleep at the bar?
I am all for booting drug cheats / users out of the game, but if Friend wants to put himself to sleep then that is his business and I fail to see the harm................................unless he is driving a motor vehicle or similar at the time.

I would say he has picked up an injury in the game hours earlier and the club doctor has given them to him to help him through the night.

MolongRooster

Juniors
Us poor Roosters fans deserve the valium more than Jake, we had to actually sit and watch that performance on Saturday night :crazy:

innsaneink

Referee

Its a depressant, valium, barbiturates, serepax, mogadon etc etc are all often used to get out of it...if heroins your go, which Im not saying its friends go...depressants are a way of life

Latest posts