What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jake friend

Matt23

Staff member
He's been reinstated for doing the hard yards of the footy field and getting his life in order, and you have a problem with this why?

stuke

Bench
He's been reinstated for doing the hard yards of the footy field and getting his life in order, and you have a problem with this why?

he was sacked in the off season, yet 2 months into the season he is reinstated and playing in the top flight for the same team. not necessarily the biggest deterant.

hopefully he has got his life in order and learnt a pretty valuable lesson, but we will have to wait and see about it.

LazyDreamer

Bench

Because there's a difference between standing a player down from footballing duties while he attends rehab/counselling/whatever, and tearing up his contract with a "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out" as the Poosters were reported as having done in December.

Red Bear

Referee
Because there's a difference between standing a player down from footballing duties while he attends rehab/counselling/whatever, and tearing up his contract with a "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out" as the Poosters were reported as having done in December.
I didnt think they actually did that? Seem to recall when it happened the articles mentioned that the Roosters were still keen to work with him and clean himself up off the field and if he did this the door was ajar for a return.

stuke

Bench
exactly. a bit of lip service and suddenly he is a reformed character who has seen the light because he made some sandwiches. forgive me for being cynical.

adamkungl

Immortal
exactly. a bit of lip service and suddenly he is a reformed character who has seen the light because he made some sandwiches. forgive me for being cynical.

meh? so long as he doesnt get himself in sh*t again. The alternative is Kouparitsis at hooker. f**k that.

Fein

First Grade

:roll:

Give the kid a break for f**ks sake.

I was pleased to see him play so well in his first game back.

Keep it together Jakey boy, The Pirates fans are all behind you. ;-)

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
Alternatively he could have been sacked, Roosters want nothing to do with him, and he goes to the Dragqueens.

We put so much development into the kid, why should we be punished if he stuffs up?

^Cos it's the right thing to do by the game.

Seriously though, I don't see what's so special about this kid. His ability certainly doesn't warrant the amount of chances the Roosters have given him.

LazyDreamer

Bench
I didnt think they actually did that? Seem to recall when it happened the articles mentioned that the Roosters were still keen to work with him and clean himself up off the field and if he did this the door was ajar for a return.

My bad. I was going by what was reported in the media. More fool me!

super_coach

First Grade
I bet the raider fans wished they had taken the same approach with Carney. Instead they played hard ball to keep the people at the NRL headquaters happy and the rest is history. I really think to be seen to be doing the right thing a 12month ban was the way to go. I suppose while you give the clubs the right to impose their own suspensions for off field drama your going to get this sort of thing happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with the chooks being in a little slump and having Junior junior on the side lines

Packy

Bench
You see, the thing about this situation is that he is talented. Didn't he have a few instances of stupidity?

boo_boo

Juniors
^Cos it's the right thing to do by the game.

Seriously though, I don't see what's so special about this kid. His ability certainly doesn't warrant the amount of chances the Roosters have given him.

I think you need to seperate the footballer from the person to have some understanding of this issue & the Roosters should be commended for giving Jake some hope by assisting him come to terms with his problems & helping him find a way of dealing with them.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I bet the raider fans wished they had taken the same approach with Carney. Instead they played hard ball to keep the people at the NRL headquaters happy and the rest is history. I really think to be seen to be doing the right thing a 12month ban was the way to go. I suppose while you give the clubs the right to impose their own suspensions for off field drama your going to get this sort of thing happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with the chooks being in a little slump and having Junior junior on the side lines

well didnt carney have like 30+offences when he got scaked? it wasnt like he wasnt warned previously and i think he also rejected the drink ban....

i think it does depend on individual circumstances, with Friend it looks bad that he was "sacked" and then reinstated so quickly. if it was so simple for him to get his sh*t togteher why didnt he do it earlier after warnings from the club?

for the roosters they always said they would consider giving him another go, i just wonder whteher he's really el;arned any lessons from this given how quickly they took him back

Latest posts