What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

mmap dragons

Juniors
Now a free agent as his contract was forged. Do we have any coin to throw at him Dousty?

Can't post a link but appearing in the DT tonight.

The Nick

Bench
A forged signature on his Gold Coast Titans playing contract has left Dally M centre-of-the-year James Roberts a free agent to join a rival NRL club immediately.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal a senior Titans employee has resigned after he was found to have faked Roberts’ signature on an amendment to his three-year contract.

Titans football manager Scott Clark left the club on Thursday afternoon after admitting to chief executive Graham Annesley what he had done.

Roberts’ contract, which was registered with the NRL in July, is now null and void.

A number of clubs are certain to show interest and take advantage of the situation.

He is on around $300,000-a-year at the Titans and could earn more elsewhere according to the document obtained by The Daily Telegraph.
The amendment which carried the forged signature involved $50,000 in payment bonuses in regard to playing State of Origin.

Roberts only this week noticed it wasn’t his signature and immediately notified the club.

He is still training with the Titans while the club tries to sort through the issues.

Boxing champ, former NRL star and his cousin Anthony Mundine is now advising Roberts, who has cut ties with his manager.

“He’s my brother and I want to help him,” Mundine said. “This has all happened through no fault of his own. He was shocked when he saw what had happened with the signature.

“James is a dynamic player who has really settled down in the last 18 months.

“He has now got a partner expecting a baby and he’s in a position where he needs to be paid what he is really worth.”Roberts feels a depth of loyalty to the Titans who threw him a career lifeline after he was dumped by both the Rabbitohs and Panthers for disciplinary reasons.

He has since turned his life around and settled down to start a family on the Gold Coast.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley declined to comment when contacted by The Daily Telegraph other than confirming a senior staff member had resigned.

It is an embarrassing situation for the NRL considering they now own the Titans.

Roberts is the NRL’s fastest player and scored 16 tries for the Titans this year.

He beat a crack field including Blake Ferguson, Justin Hodges, Josh Morris, Michael Jennings and Will Chambers to win the Dally M award as centre of the year.

Clark, who packed up his office and left on Thursday, did not return phone calls or text messages.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ignature-forgery/story-fnp0lyn3-1227615821336

mmap dragons

Juniors
A forged signature on his Gold Coast Titans playing contract has left Dally M centre-of-the-year James Roberts a free agent to join a rival NRL club immediately.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal a senior Titans employee has resigned after he was found to have faked Roberts? signature on an amendment to his three-year contract.

Titans football manager Scott Clark left the club on Thursday afternoon after admitting to chief executive Graham Annesley what he had done.

Roberts? contract, which was registered with the NRL in July, is now null and void.

A number of clubs are certain to show interest and take advantage of the situation.

He is on around $300,000-a-year at the Titans and could earn more elsewhere according to the document obtained by The Daily Telegraph.
The amendment which carried the forged signature involved $50,000 in payment bonuses in regard to playing State of Origin.

Roberts only this week noticed it wasn?t his signature and immediately notified the club.

He is still training with the Titans while the club tries to sort through the issues.

Boxing champ, former NRL star and his cousin Anthony Mundine is now advising Roberts, who has cut ties with his manager.

?He?s my brother and I want to help him,? Mundine said. ?This has all happened through no fault of his own. He was shocked when he saw what had happened with the signature.

?James is a dynamic player who has really settled down in the last 18 months.

?He has now got a partner expecting a baby and he?s in a position where he needs to be paid what he is really worth.?Roberts feels a depth of loyalty to the Titans who threw him a career lifeline after he was dumped by both the Rabbitohs and Panthers for disciplinary reasons.

He has since turned his life around and settled down to start a family on the Gold Coast.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley declined to comment when contacted by The Daily Telegraph other than confirming a senior staff member had resigned.

It is an embarrassing situation for the NRL considering they now own the Titans.

Roberts is the NRL?s fastest player and scored 16 tries for the Titans this year.

He beat a crack field including Blake Ferguson, Justin Hodges, Josh Morris, Michael Jennings and Will Chambers to win the Dally M award as centre of the year.

Clark, who packed up his office and left on Thursday, did not return phone calls or text messages.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ignature-forgery/story-fnp0lyn3-1227615821336

Cheers for posting that.

Dragon66

Juniors
I've got to agree. Speed, and more speed. And I'm sure he has matured over the past year or so where he has passed through that Dickhead stage of development that so many young players go through.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

to_ddeath

Coach
Mundane related &,involved...forget it.
Probably ends up at Souffs or Manly depending on what happens to Walker.

T.

hazzbeen

Bench
I've got to agree. Speed, and more speed. And I'm sure he has matured over the past year or so where he has passed through that Dickhead stage of development that so many young players go through.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Dragon66 , mate Id be doing what ever we can to take him... We seem to be putting a team of troubled players together, one more shouldn't make a difference....

Dragon66

Juniors
Hazz, we also seem to be doing a great job in providing a positive environment for them to prosper.

Roberts could be our X factor man in attack. We can but dream. With Walker not going to Manly we may have missed our chance.

hazzbeen

Bench
Hazz, we also seem to be doing a great job in providing a positive environment for them to prosper.

Roberts could be our X factor man in attack. We can but dream. With Walker not going to Manly we may have missed our chance.

I wouldn't mind Walker and Roberts , but like you say we can only dream.....:x

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All I was at Stadium pretty sure the early game prior to our 2010 semi against Tigers. Roberts was playing for Souths. He got the ball a metre inside dead ball line, scootered sideways beat a bloke or two and got into field of play. He unleashed a blistering 100 metre sprint down sideline beating the other mob ( Canberra I think) and running around where I was at the east end goals for try.

I couldn't believe it, I said to my mate we gotta sign that guy he will play for Aus.

saints4ever

First Grade
Id say that's true. But all the Titans have to do is re draw his contract surely? This is stupid I'll give you that, but I hardly doubt he's going anywhere

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Hi All I was at Stadium pretty sure the early game prior to our 2010 semi against Tigers. Roberts was playing for Souths. He got the ball a metre inside dead ball line, scootered sideways beat a bloke or two and got into field of play. He unleashed a blistering 100 metre sprint down sideline beating the other mob ( Canberra I think) and running around where I was at the east end goals for try.

I couldn't believe it, I said to my mate we gotta sign that guy he will play for Aus.

I remember this play too and thought this guy will be a superstar