What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Valheru

Coach
I am sure the media and the broncos have agreed the security footage will never see the light of day so he has nothing to worry about.

Bowzy

Juniors
I am sure the media and the broncos have agreed the security footage will never see the light of day so he has nothing to worry about.

What do you mean? They didn't have cameras in that area? We can only take security's word, the good honest reputable Brisbane security guard.

Wizardman

First Grade
NRL needs to step in here. Something seems very suss when news limited isnot reporting it and other papers are.

Wizardman

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...b/news-story/164d50bef98938e71ac250008a6ed9bc

Brisbane Broncos star James Roberts accused of manhandling woman in Gold Coast nightclub

TROUBLED NRL star James Roberts has been accused of forcefully pulling a young woman by her hair at a Gold Coast nightclub.

The Brisbane centre was out early on Sunday morning after the Magic Millions horse racing event when he allegedly grabbed the woman from behind, causing pain to her neck, The Courier Mail reports.

He was pointed out by patrons to club security and removed from the premises. The 23-year-old complainant is reportedly reluctant to make an official complaint and Queensland police confirmed none had been lodged.

The woman, who did not want to be named, told The Courier Mail the pull was “forceful”.

“He came up from behind me and pulled my hair quite hard and yanked my head back,” she said.

“I had a sore neck all day yesterday.”

The Broncos and NRL have been contacted for comment. The 23-year-old Roberts’ debut season with Brisbane was marred by a string of off-field incidents.

The Broncos fined him $20,000 following allegations he abused a female staff member in a drunken incident at the Normanby Hotel in Brisbane when he was refused service.

On the field, Roberts was suspended from the Broncos’ sudden-death semi-final against North Queensland for kicking an opposition player on the ground. He checked into a rehabilitation facility in Thailand at the end of the NRL season.

Before arriving at Brisbane, Roberts was released by South Sydney in 2011 after contract breaches, including smashing a taxi window and he was sacked by Penrith in March 2014 for more misbehaviour.

He was thrown a lifeline by Gold Coast during the 2014 season and became one of the Titans’ best players.

Incorrect

Coach
He just wants another all expenses paid trip to Thailand... every one of you merkins would do the same thing...

Frederick

Staff member
IMG_1136.JPG
images

super_coach

First Grade
Well if he gets flicked it will free up 3mil on the Brooks salary cap and if he stays he will only take up 200g on the salary cap.

Also if he gets flicked there is always a home at Bondi Junction for players who are misunderstood

Wizardman

First Grade
This incident sure has a taste of cover-up in it. I think the NRL have no choice but to deregister the guy if he did what he is accused of.

Latest posts