What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Whispers are getting louder that this crazy merkin will be joining us in 2018. What a player but Jesus, Jimbo the Jet screaming down Oxford Street or the Golden Mile is a recipe for a ripped on contract.

Would we take him? Would he be a good fit? What do we reckon.

Tiger05

First Grade
We need at least another gun outside back and hopefully a gun fullback. He'd fit if he could keep his crap together.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Another of the numerous rumours linking us with just about everyone without a contract for next yr.

Its unimaginable that the Broncos would let there most brilliant back leave.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Just curious, when has Brisbane ever not retained a player they wanted?

I'm sure it has happened but for life of me I can only recall them regrettably letting players go so they can pretend they obey the salary cap.

TBH any player agent trying to bump their client's price up will start plant rumours with the Tigers

If half the players being linked with the Tigers actually come, they better start giving us exclusive Friday night games and unlimited third party corporate access ......................wait what?

Vozzy

Juniors
Still think we need forwards. Need someone to replace ava. Then another front rower for the bench.

Clifferd

Coach
We still need atleast one more gun back signing imo.

But yeah agree we need to start looking into forwards

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just curious, when has Brisbane ever not retained a player they wanted?

I'm sure it has happened but for life of me I can only recall them regrettably letting players go so they can pretend they obey the salary cap.

TBH any player agent trying to bump their client's price up will start plant rumours with the Tigers

If half the players being linked with the Tigers actually come, they better start giving us exclusive Friday night games and unlimited third party corporate access ......................wait what?
Brisbane have such a gargantuan advantage with TPA's as they r a sole nrl entity based in the 3rd biggest city in OZ.Consequently as u alluded to crazyperp they never lose anyone they want to retain.

Also as u said there's no doubt many unscrupulous agents r deliberately telling there similarly unethical mouthpieces in the media that players r being chased by us so as to inflate there prices.

Ive no doubt whatsoever that Roberts will remain @ Brisbane.Hes been instrumental in a few of there wins this yr & deserves a spot in the blues team.

macnaz

Staff member
Not only do they have massive TPA's at the Broncs ..they also have a rug the size of a football field to sweep player indiscretions under.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Definitely don't want him at the club. We are starting fresh with lots of new faces so there won't really be anyone to keep him in line if he starts the party boy lifestyle again.

I'm hearing that Hiku is a done deal anyway. Given we already have Suli on the books I highly doubt that we would be signing more than one centre

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
His handling and defensive reads have improved a lot in the UK.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Corey Thompson is a stump. He's about 5 foot 4 with no aerial ability, minimal speed/power and no ball playing skills. There's a reason he debuted at 23 after a swathe of injuries and wasn't kept by the Dogs. Should be a depth signing only.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Corey Thompson is a stump. He's about 5 foot 4 with no aerial ability, minimal speed/power and no ball playing skills. There's a reason he debuted at 23 after a swathe of injuries and wasn't kept by the Dogs. Should be a depth signing only.
The manager of Fonua & Thompson approached us & they r good value for money buys coz we got them very cheaply as they wanted to return to OZ.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I like signing Thompson as depth because he's cheap, but don't expect him to be a world beater. I'd never be happy to be proven more wrong but I don't expect a talentless hack to kill it for us.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

yes i remember him as a shorty..
Had some good games and bad,but was always outleapt when it came to bombs.
See him as backup only ..for injuries