What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Tamou no-try

davi

Juniors
I'm going to be accused of bias but I actually think the Bunker got this one right. I've seen knock-ons like Peter Wallace been called a thousand times. The ball ended up rolling forward, and Josh Mcguire didn't deliberately strip Wallace it was dropped because of Wallace's poor ball security.

I also think the media coverage has been over the top criticising this decision, considering the Tautau Moga decision had more legitimacy to be criticised.

Most fans are not blowing up too much because it's well been acknowledge that it didn't cost the Panthers the game. The Broncos were the better team, which Anthony Griffin acknowledge in his press conference.

Tony Archer has suggested the Bunker made the correct call. The replay is in the link.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/28/03/34/bunker-got-penrith-no-try-right-nrl

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I don't understand how we are suppose to know if Josh Mcguire intentionally knocked the ball out,since when do i have mind reading powers and know if he did it on purpose?

That footage makes it seem like a regulation tackle to me but i can also see if people think he knocked it out on purpose,how the f**k am i supposed to know what James intentions were judging from that footage?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It was Wallace risk by reaching out with the ball in one hand. He is begging for a loose carry doing that from dummy half and that's what he got

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think it was clearly knocked towards the Panthers dead ball line by McGuire and not Wallace. I dont really care about loose carries or what have you because its neither here nor there. I do not think the ball traveled towards the Broncos dead ball line. So how can it be called a knock on ?

I have no idea where the ball is supposed to have gone forward ???

SBD82

Coach
Please keep in mind that as this was a decision that favoured the Broncos, anyone who says otherwise will be accused of having highly elevated sodium levels.
It was a try. Maguire is allowed to play at the ball trying to save a try. If he is not playing at it, the ball is lost backwards and its play on for anyone who picks it up.
Well this is going to get confusing.

Bronxnation

Juniors
It was a try. Maguire is allowed to play at the ball trying to save a try. If he is not playing at it, the ball is lost backwards and its play on for anyone who picks it up.
No... holy shit
Ok to explain it so people understand. The interpretation under the rules is that because it is a loose carry it is deemed to have been lost INTO McGuire in the same way as if he had juggled the ball and it had hit an opposing player before he regathered... its a knock on.
therefore it doesnt matter which way it went bouncing off McGuire because it is ruled to be lost into him and thus a knock on.
if McGuire was deemed to have "played" at the ball then your evaluation would be correct and and in that instance a no try ruling would have been ludicrous
But under the interpretation and McGuire not playing at the ball the decision was correct.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Can you show me the rule that says that. The simple fact of the matter is wallace had control until mcguire knocked it out. So the ball never actually travelled forward relative to the broncos dead ball line

myrrh ken

First Grade
Even if it does roll forward (which it doesn't) its knocked out by Macguire and travels towards the Panthers tryline by about half a metre before hitting the ground. Honestly watch it again. It would defies physics for the ball to actually travel forward off Macguire's arm

It doesn't matter if there have been other knock-ons ruled incorrectly.

Life's Good

Coach
Knocked out by McGuire or a loose carry by Wallace, it makes no difference as the ball travelled back. Not sure what has come out from Archie & his bunker since but the decision was a stinker, plain & simple.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Archer also thought the non-call by the ref of the milford knock on was right (snuck it in right after saying the video ref couldn't adjudicate).

I have no faith in what Archer says post-game.