What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon reportedly set to return to Eels

Davester

Juniors
Lyon reportedly set to return to Eels
Wednesday May 3 19:15 AEST

Jamie Lyon is reportedly poised to rejoin Parramatta next season despite walking out on the NRL club two years ago.

Lyon has been playing for St Helens in the Super League in England, but a deal with the Eels could be struck as soon as Monday.

The former Kangaroos centre walked out on Parramatta after the opening round of 2004 citing burnout and difficulty in adjusting to the Sydney lifestyle, and returned to his hometown to play for NSW country side Wee Waa before moving on to England.

But after watching him take his game to a new level as a five-eighth with St Helens, Eels officials are reportedly set to table a new deal to Lyon within 48 hours.

"I've heard the rumour, mate, I hold no grudges against him, he's a great player," Eels forward Nathan Hindmarsh told Channel Nine.

"If he wants to come back, I suppose, why not".
Hindmarsh said Lyon would have to fight his way back into the team.

"We've got Timana in the centres and Benny Smith when he comes back from injury, so it would be hard to stick him in somewhere," he said.

Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald declined to comment on the issue when contacted.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=98424

effnic

Bench
Watch all the eel fans im already starting to see it there all like f**k we hate him he is unloyal blah blah blah and when he does arrive they will be like yeh he is ok we forgive him hes not that bad. Sterlo is gonna be pissed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He has apparently only played 2 games at 5/8 for St Helens

I'm not sure if Hindy sounds too keen about it.

This has really come out of left field and I dont know that too many people were expecting this.

In any case, he hasn't signed anything yet.

t-ba

Post Whore
Love it. Makes for some awesome drama next year if he doesn't fire in the first few weeks of the season!

Bumble

First Grade
Why wouldn't he be you dunce? Lyon is probably the best centre in the world..

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Parraletic maybe you should save that for IF he even signs with parra!

im excited at having him back and will welcome jamie IF he decides to come back. It seems that its split about 50% wanting him back and 50% wanting to murder him :lol:

willvillain

Juniors
Any team would be mad not to want Lyon at their team - and at the start of the season Manly weakest position was in the centres. At the moment Bell is up there with the form centres in the comp, and Matai has just made the NZ squad.

On top of this BK has announced his retirement. So while there is no doubt that Lyon is a complete class above Steve Matai, we are no longer struggling for two competant NRL-quality centres, and Lyon's money would be better spent on a forward to replace BK.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
One of the best centres in the world. I hope we get to watch him running around for Parra again. Why would you morons not want to see a player of his class back in the best comp in the world.

Palms

Juniors
I still rate him very highly as a centre. If there is devide on him returning then I don't know if it is going to be a good thing for Parra. How many players from the team he left are still playing first grade??

Bumble

First Grade
Beaches Boy said:
Do Manly really need or want Lyon with young Mattai killing it at the moment.

Hahahahahahahahahaha...omfg...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
I actually think that whoever gets him will play him at 5/8. He has ben awesome there in the Super League!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ferocious Dogs said:
One of the best centres in the world. I hope we get to watch him running around for Parra again. Why would you morons not want to see a player of his class back in the best comp in the world.

I hope you aren't refering to me as i would love nothing more then Lyon to don the Ble & Gold again.

You have to though understand the rationale of Parra supporters who are pesimistic after what Jamie did.

Mr Saab

Referee
Matai or Lyon....Matai or Lyon....Matai or Lyon. Wow Beaches Boy you really are funny.

Latest posts