What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

PeterBrown

Juniors
Now what a sad topic this is!

I just want everyone's general consensus as to what they think of Jamie Lyon.

I think that he is letting the team down.

I mean, why wait until the end of round one to make such a dumb decision?

If he didn't like living in Sydney (sic!) and fed up with rugby league, these sort of problems don't just happen overnight, they are long term problems. He should have told his manager , and the eels management about such problems.

That way, the eels could have planned ahead, eg. buy another centre

The fact that Jamie Lyon dropped this bombshell so early in the season, just causes problems for everyone.

Shame on you Jamie, Shame on you!

Clarkieel

Juniors
I was feeling quite sympathetic towards Jamie but I think this has gone on long enough and that the club has made the right decision towards him.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fair go, ok Jamie didnt make a decision until Round 1 this year, but if he's sick of city life then let him go back to Wee Waa. I blame the club for this because he told Smith and Co. at the end of last season, and the club couldve told him he can go back to the bush for at least 6 weeks, or organise a councillor to help Jamie through his problems.

In the end he had enough. Although Fitzgerald made the right decision in saying they cant release him which is fair enough, he's on a 3-year contract, what if he decides to come back to play for Parramatta for the rest of the season and then makes a final decision at the end of the year.

I dont blame Jamie, I respect the bloke and would still have him at Parramatta.

Clarkieel

Juniors
OH I would still have him back in a second I am simply saying a decision needs to be made by him sooner rather than later

Nikki

Coach
I think that the decision of the club not to release him is fair enough . But none of us know what is goin on in Jamies head. At the end of the day, all we are going to be able to do is speculate and really, where does that get us?

WA Eel

Juniors
I fully back the Parra management's stand on Jamie. You can't just sign a four year contract and expect to be able to walk away from it.

Had he signed the four year contract, then completely lost form, Parra can't then decide to "walk away" from the contract. They would be obliged to either pay him out, or on sell him to another club, paying any short falls (as happened with Michael Buettner last year). A contract has got to work both ways.

I hope he come back and at least plays out the rest of the year. If he want to retire at the end of the year, then at least we can play for it and maybe buy a replacement.