What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Simpson Star of the Future

Zetland Rabbit

Juniors
He sure is a bright prospect for us and a deadset legend in the making isn't he! Especially when you consider what he has had to come through to get here.

Jamie Simpson, you make the Red & Green proud.

I just hope his hand is ok, as apparently i heard it might be injured and he could be in doubt for this weekend.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
He sure is a bright prospect for us and a deadset legend in the making isn't he! Especially when you consider what he has had to come through to get here.

I just hope his hand is ok, as apparently i heard it might be injured and he could be in doubt for this weekend.

Zetland Rabbit

Juniors
Taylor said it was swollen at the press conference.Lets hope he has only sprung the joint

Yep fingers crossed AR.

He definately brings a new dimension to the team along with Sandow and Capewell.

I was very impressed with his impact on the game tonight, especially when you consider his experience (or lack off).

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
your 100% right. The g/coast centres have been outstanding this year I thought our boys finished on top them Simpson was driving the backs all night leadershift qualities for sure, our defence in the 3/4's was outstanding.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
So he is a Queenslander? I knew there was something wrong with him. :lol:

He has skill and strength, something we have not had in that position for eons.

Lets hope that he is not injured, and that he can keep it up.

Jono078

Referee
Looks like a good player.

A confident one to, Souths have lacked a young player like that, but this one thinks he can do anything, and so far is doing quite well.

Good find Souths!

ozzie

Bench

any chance of telling his story and was that his first game in FG

Dave Q

Coach
Souths.com.au reports as follows:

THE CLUB
PLAYERS

Print this page
Jamie-Simpson-Profile-Detai-d3c7f706-d6e7-4688-a9dc-2009191ba368.jpg

Jamie Simpson

Position:

Centre/Wing

Height:

181cm

Weight:

91kg

Date Of Birth:

06 Sep 1986

Years Present:

From the Brisbane Broncos stable, Jamie Simpson has moved to Sydney looking for a first grade opportunity. One of the stand-out players with the Broncos’ Queensland Cup feeder club the Toowoomba Clydesdales and Aspley Broncos, Simpson will push for NRL selection early in the season.
Junior club:

Rockhampton Fitzroys

First grade debut:

Rabbitohs v Warriors, Mt Smart Stadium, 6/6/08, (Rd 13)

Rabbitohs debut:

v Warriors, Mt Smart Stadium, 6/6/08, (Rd 13)

What are your goals in football:

To be a permanent first grader and to play representative football.

What is the best advice anyone ever gave you:

Wayne Bennett told me; “tough time can come and go but tough times last forever”.

What was your first job:

A fruit and vegetable assistant at a supermarket.

Favourite book:

Don’t Die With the Music in You by Wayne Bennett.

Favourite CD:

Smash by The Offspring.

Favourite TV show:

The Mighty Boosh.

Favourite food:

Chicken schnitzel with mashed potato.

What is your favourite place to go on holiday:

Jacksonville, USA, I haven't been anywhere else.

What makes you happy:

Spending time with my family and my little sister.

First Grade Games:

First Grade Tries:

First Grade Points:

Earliest football memory:

Playing under fives at Saleyards Park in Rockhampton. I was playing half soccer kicking the ball all the time and got in trouble for that.

Favourite football moment:

Winning player of the Confraternity Carnival in 2004.

Most embarrassing football moment :

Last year playing at Suncorp Stadium I lost my jumper and almost lost my shorts but almost managed to score a try.

Game that changed my career:

When I scored a hat-trick of tries in six minutes against Redcliffe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was bought by Souths in the the off-season. Been building up to fg all year along with Sandow and Capewell.

Was his 2nd game in fg I think.

Last edited:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Hungry. That's what the Bunnies have been needing this year.

Leg speed for the win!!!

When he made that mistake he was deadset dirty at himself. I like players who hate mediocrity/errors, especially from themselves. I like players who have the attitude "I have to make up for that one" (it also helps if they don't make too many errors and actually have the skill to make up for it, but Jamie seems to fit the bill).

Ike E Bear

Juniors
As I remember it (I read a feature article on Jamie, but it was at the start of the year around the time of the Charity Shield) he has had cancer TWICE and beaten it. That takes toughness, not to mention the fact that he has since recuperated to be a first grade footballer, which takes a hell of a lot of drive.

Jamie Simpson = Tonka Tuff

Dave Q

Coach
Simpson said that the dream of playing rugby league in the NRL kept him alive.

He was a whisker away from death and in indescribable pain and suffering.

Now he's in first grade helping a struggling side lift to heights not thought possible.

Try on debut as well I think.

Its not just an empty slogan, when all is said and done, dreams really can come true at South Sydney.

This the the first and last time I will refer to Jamie's previous illness.

To me, from this day on, he's just another player..but one who wears the red and green.

I wish him a tremendous career and a long and furfilling life full of good health, love and laughter.

When we are feeling down and depressed, we can hold him out as a role model and his spirit will lift us
as much as Beau's kissing of the rabbit.

Fug I love this club.

Last edited:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Yeah, it would be unfair on him to label him as the kid who beat cancer. I'm sure he would prefer to be recognised for his footy skills.

Reminds me of the way Ray Warren (in particular, but not exclusively) goes on and on about Brett Stewart's diabetes.