What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

January 2 Promos *Spoiler alert*

Bulldog Force

Referee
I got no idea. I can't make much sense out of that. It's not as clear cut as the 21/2/2011 vigilant of the Undertaker.

nöyd

Staff member
i believe its jericho, but i have heard rumours (since the girl appeared in the promos) that it could be shane and stephanie

Matt23

Staff member
i believe its jericho, but i have heard rumours (since the girl appeared in the promos) that it could be shane and stephanie
It's more then likely Jericho, not ruling out Shane & Steph, Im hoping it's not Taker (again) or Vince. Personally I think January 2 is too early for Taker to be back, and if it is him who/what does the girl represent, Michelle McCool?

That one leads me to believe it is McMahons of some description.

"I will return to claim what is mine".....hmmmmm

Then again they wouldn't make it that obvious would they?

nöyd

Staff member
if the dirt sheets are to be believed it could be quite a watchable and potentially memorable wrestlemania -

rock & cena (personally meh but the crowd should be pumped for it)
whispers of hhh vs taker again (how do they top last year if true?)
punk vs. jericho (will be the best match on the card should it happen)

also just on the "I will return to claim what is mine"... quote - Punk claims to be the best in the world, Jericho claims to be the best in the world... at what he does.

slightly different yes, but when punk first said it, jericho wasn't happy and gave him a spray online, so maybe y2j is coming back to "claim what is mine..."

just please don't be taker or vince, please :pray:

Like I said in another thread, while I think it is Chris Jericho I just can't get that nagging voice out of my head that says it's Undertaker. The woman quoted as appearing in the video could be Michelle McTaker for UT, but can't think of one for Jericho...

Big Pete

Referee
Stephanie McMahon had a relationship with Jericho back in 2002.

I also doubt they'd acknowledge McCool & Taker on screen. Taker is too kayfabe.

if the dirt sheets are to be believed it could be quite a watchable and potentially memorable wrestlemania -

rock & cena (personally meh but the crowd should be pumped for it)

Hogan vs Rock mk II, even if the wrestling produces a 6/10 match, the crowd reaction will make it a classic

whispers of hhh vs taker again (how do they top last year if true?)

I hope not, just because it was good one year doesn't mean it has to happen again the next year. This would be poor booking in my opinion.

punk vs. jericho (will be the best match on the card should it happen)

The promos alone would be epic let alone the match

also just on the "I will return to claim what is mine"... quote - Punk claims to be the best in the world, Jericho claims to be the best in the world... at what he does.

slightly different yes, but when punk first said it, jericho wasn't happy and gave him a spray online, so maybe y2j is coming back to "claim what is mine..."

I guess that works, they could do worse, the vignettes just don't seem very Jericho

agree about Taker, I could live with it being Vince if it leads to a 2012 NWO storyline.

bender

Juniors
agree about Taker, I could live with it being Vince if it leads to a 2012 NWO storyline.

An NWO storyline would be absolutely awesome, but I hope it has nothing to do with Vince and if it happens, I really hope that it starts with Hogan, Hall and Nash. Those three are irreplaceable.

I know it isnt going to happen, and i havent watched enough WWE to make the storyline fully gel, but this how i would like to see Wrestlemania go down this year.

First of all, this mysterious person coming back to the WWE to claim what is there's turns out and is revealed to be the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. In the course of the revelation, he makes it known that he bought the WWE title lock stock and barrell way back before Wrestlemania IV from Andre the Giant and he owns it and he and his son Ted Dibiase Jr are coming to claim it back from its current owner. Along the way with the promos some of the old Dibiase Promos would be shown, showing how he bought world titles, how he financed the NWO, how he paid off everybody etc. And Dibiase Jr would undertake a similar persona, and focus on winning the World Title from CM Punk at the Royal Rumble.

The Royal Rumble would be the next main focal point. The following feuds would lead into the rumble. Cena vs Rock building up to Wrestlemania. HHH vs Diesel continuing their feud. Mizz vs CM Punk WWE Title. Big Show vs Mark Henry World Title. Big Show defeats Mark Henry with the use of a foreign object. Piper and other Legends continue telling John Cena he needs to do what it takes to win back stage. Also, Kevin Nash does the human dart shot on Rey Mysterio Jr, again. But all with no real focus on the NWO other than highlighting the link with Dibiase in the promos. And really focusing on HHH vs Diesel and the Cliq angle. Mizz defeats CM Punk for the World Title, setting up a CM Punk vs Jericho wrestlemania feud over use of the term the best in the world at what i do. The Tag Team title is won by the USOs (okay, you can put any tag team in here but at least they are an actual team who look and act like a tag team).

In the Royal Rumble itself, Cena is eliminated when the Rock interferes. The Rumble peaks near the end when Nash and HHH come face to face after eliminating one or two guys. After a long stare down the have a few moves and end up circling each other and waiting for the next person to come down the Aisle. Cue Heart Break Kid Music. After a bit of coaxing from both sides, and questioning which he is going to go, Shawn Michaels super kicks Diesel and him and Hunter beat him down. Not wanting to eliminate him, but rather punish him. With Diesel at their merchy the next music is played. "Hey Yo" the Razor Ramon song (yeah i know you are all going to moan about a documentary, but a one off or two off guest appearance wont hurt anyone, and Hall always looks good in the ring no matter how bad you think he is going to look). Hall and Nash end up facing each other as the commentators are going on about the Kliq and how these guys were all part of the Kliq and wondering who the next wrestler will be. Wrestler number 29 enters the ring with the DGeneration X Music and down the aisle comes XPac. The 5th and final member of the Kliq with the commentators wondering which way he will go. Xpac turns on Hall and Nash, and a beat down and free for all ensues. Wrestler number 30's music hits and it is Ted Dibiase but he doesnt come down the aisle at first. The fight ensues until HHH, HBK and Xpac finally assert dominance and have nash and hall at their mercy. AS they are about to eliminate the pair of them, the lights go out and the NWO music hits. Down the aisle comes Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Ted Dibiase Jr. The Kliq stop in the middle of the ring as Dibiase enters and Hogan does some finger pointing and Hulking up at the guys in the ring. Eventually Nash and Hall get to their feet, and Nash, Hall and Dibiase square off with the Kliq. Hogan grabs the microphone and says to the crowd, remember that it is for life, brother. and on that Nash, Hall, Dibiase and XPac turn on HHH and HBK and eliminate them. Dibiase, Xpac, Hall and Nash then simultaneously exit the ring and create a 4 way tie for the Royal Rumble. Hogan enters with the XPAC and Co and they tell the story how Ted Dibiase is the one who financed the NWO and he has come back to claim what is his and that is all of the titles.

With Speculation running rife that Hogan is going to claim a world title run and maybe even turn the Rock vs Cena into a 3 way bout for the world title, the New NWO starts running things NWO style. Over the next couple of weeks, we find that The Big Show is NWO 4 life and they already have one title. After teasing Hogan(or another NWO member) vs the Mizz at wrestlemania, the NWO do a run in on a Mizz vs Shaymus match beating down Shaymus and recruiting Mizz as a new NWO member and World title holder. With both singles titles held, the NWO nominate the tag team titles as the match they are bringing back. After teasing that the match will feature on the WWEs great tag teams, and former world champions, it is revealed that the tag team title will be the USO's (who will have stepped up to represent team WWE against the NWO) against Dibiase and Rhodes. Randy Orton steps up to feud with the Big Show, talking about being WWE for 3 generations.

Also, when the undertaker comes out to the promo on his next victim, and does the claim that no one loses to the undertaker, Hulk Hogan steps up to the Plate and cuts a massive Hulkamania promo to set up Hogan vs Undertaker in his quest to end the streak. Playing up not only on the streak and Hogans wrestlemania legend, but also on taker being the person to shatter Hulkamania in its prime on the famous Tuesday night in Texas pay per view.

This leads us to Wrestlemania. We see the following matches billed:
Big Show vs Orton - World Title. Big Show wins
Mizz vs Shaymus - World Title Mizz wins.
Legacy (dibiase & Rhodes) vs Uso's - Tag Team title. Kevin Nash substitutes for Ted Dibiase who mysteriously says he has other business to contend with. HHH stands in the USO's corner but Nash and Rhodes win, with Dibiase and Rhodes eventually defending the titles under the NWO banner for a lengthy reign that brings some meaning and prestige back to the titles.
Hogan vs Undertaker - Ted Dibiase announces that he will be the person to end the streak adn that he has bought himself into the match, and it will now be a handicap match. After a close and Barnstorming match, Hogan ends up kicking out of the Tombstone pile driver and hulking up only for taker to hit him with the URN. And Hogan and Dibiase get a blatant run in from the NWO with referee charles robinson turning a blind eye to the blatant interference and counting the three. After a play up on the end of the streak, eventually it is announced that the Undertaker is the winner by disqualification.

Rock vs Cena- The expected match takes place, but this time there is an NWO run in with Cena turning true heel and joining the NWO and the NWO cutting a promo that they now run wrestling, they own all the titles and they just ruined Wrestlemania main event and since they were now in charge this has been the last Wrestlemania next year with the No Way Out NWO pay per view.

This would leave Cena, Mizz, Dibiase, Big Show and Rhodes continuing the NWO, with the original members stepping away and only making a few cameos throughout the year. And as with the original NWO they would continue to recruit and dominate. I see a group of WWE guys stepping up to challenge, a reformation of the original Nexus to challenge the NWO, Maybe Vicki Guererro would reform the Luchadore World Order. Eventually, it would go on for at least a year maybe longer, with Brodus Clay building up a Goldberg style streak and eventually being the one to bring back the World Title to the WWE.

Well that is what i would do anyway.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
An NWO storyline would be absolutely awesome, but I hope it has nothing to do with Vince and if it happens, I really hope that it starts with Hogan, Hall and Nash. Those three are irreplaceable.

I know it isnt going to happen, and i havent watched enough WWE to make the storyline fully gel, but this how i would like to see Wrestlemania go down this year.

First of all, this mysterious person coming back to the WWE to claim what is there's turns out and is revealed to be the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. In the course of the revelation, he makes it known that he bought the WWE title lock stock and barrell way back before Wrestlemania IV from Andre the Giant and he owns it and he and his son Ted Dibiase Jr are coming to claim it back from its current owner. Along the way with the promos some of the old Dibiase Promos would be shown, showing how he bought world titles, how he financed the NWO, how he paid off everybody etc. And Dibiase Jr would undertake a similar persona, and focus on winning the World Title from CM Punk at the Royal Rumble.

The Royal Rumble would be the next main focal point. The following feuds would lead into the rumble. Cena vs Rock building up to Wrestlemania. HHH vs Diesel continuing their feud. Mizz vs CM Punk WWE Title. Big Show vs Mark Henry World Title. Big Show defeats Mark Henry with the use of a foreign object. Piper and other Legends continue telling John Cena he needs to do what it takes to win back stage. Also, Kevin Nash does the human dart shot on Rey Mysterio Jr, again. But all with no real focus on the NWO other than highlighting the link with Dibiase in the promos. And really focusing on HHH vs Diesel and the Cliq angle. Mizz defeats CM Punk for the World Title, setting up a CM Punk vs Jericho wrestlemania feud over use of the term the best in the world at what i do. The Tag Team title is won by the USOs (okay, you can put any tag team in here but at least they are an actual team who look and act like a tag team).

In the Royal Rumble itself, Cena is eliminated when the Rock interferes. The Rumble peaks near the end when Nash and HHH come face to face after eliminating one or two guys. After a long stare down the have a few moves and end up circling each other and waiting for the next person to come down the Aisle. Cue Heart Break Kid Music. After a bit of coaxing from both sides, and questioning which he is going to go, Shawn Michaels super kicks Diesel and him and Hunter beat him down. Not wanting to eliminate him, but rather punish him. With Diesel at their merchy the next music is played. "Hey Yo" the Razor Ramon song (yeah i know you are all going to moan about a documentary, but a one off or two off guest appearance wont hurt anyone, and Hall always looks good in the ring no matter how bad you think he is going to look). Hall and Nash end up facing each other as the commentators are going on about the Kliq and how these guys were all part of the Kliq and wondering who the next wrestler will be. Wrestler number 29 enters the ring with the DGeneration X Music and down the aisle comes XPac. The 5th and final member of the Kliq with the commentators wondering which way he will go. Xpac turns on Hall and Nash, and a beat down and free for all ensues. Wrestler number 30's music hits and it is Ted Dibiase but he doesnt come down the aisle at first. The fight ensues until HHH, HBK and Xpac finally assert dominance and have nash and hall at their mercy. AS they are about to eliminate the pair of them, the lights go out and the NWO music hits. Down the aisle comes Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Ted Dibiase Jr. The Kliq stop in the middle of the ring as Dibiase enters and Hogan does some finger pointing and Hulking up at the guys in the ring. Eventually Nash and Hall get to their feet, and Nash, Hall and Dibiase square off with the Kliq. Hogan grabs the microphone and says to the crowd, remember that it is for life, brother. and on that Nash, Hall, Dibiase and XPac turn on HHH and HBK and eliminate them. Dibiase, Xpac, Hall and Nash then simultaneously exit the ring and create a 4 way tie for the Royal Rumble. Hogan enters with the XPAC and Co and they tell the story how Ted Dibiase is the one who financed the NWO and he has come back to claim what is his and that is all of the titles.

With Speculation running rife that Hogan is going to claim a world title run and maybe even turn the Rock vs Cena into a 3 way bout for the world title, the New NWO starts running things NWO style. Over the next couple of weeks, we find that The Big Show is NWO 4 life and they already have one title. After teasing Hogan(or another NWO member) vs the Mizz at wrestlemania, the NWO do a run in on a Mizz vs Shaymus match beating down Shaymus and recruiting Mizz as a new NWO member and World title holder. With both singles titles held, the NWO nominate the tag team titles as the match they are bringing back. After teasing that the match will feature on the WWEs great tag teams, and former world champions, it is revealed that the tag team title will be the USO's (who will have stepped up to represent team WWE against the NWO) against Dibiase and Rhodes. Randy Orton steps up to feud with the Big Show, talking about being WWE for 3 generations.

Also, when the undertaker comes out to the promo on his next victim, and does the claim that no one loses to the undertaker, Hulk Hogan steps up to the Plate and cuts a massive Hulkamania promo to set up Hogan vs Undertaker in his quest to end the streak. Playing up not only on the streak and Hogans wrestlemania legend, but also on taker being the person to shatter Hulkamania in its prime on the famous Tuesday night in Texas pay per view.

This leads us to Wrestlemania. We see the following matches billed:
Big Show vs Orton - World Title. Big Show wins
Mizz vs Shaymus - World Title Mizz wins.
Legacy (dibiase & Rhodes) vs Uso's - Tag Team title. Kevin Nash substitutes for Ted Dibiase who mysteriously says he has other business to contend with. HHH stands in the USO's corner but Nash and Rhodes win, with Dibiase and Rhodes eventually defending the titles under the NWO banner for a lengthy reign that brings some meaning and prestige back to the titles.
Hogan vs Undertaker - Ted Dibiase announces that he will be the person to end the streak adn that he has bought himself into the match, and it will now be a handicap match. After a close and Barnstorming match, Hogan ends up kicking out of the Tombstone pile driver and hulking up only for taker to hit him with the URN. And Hogan and Dibiase get a blatant run in from the NWO with referee charles robinson turning a blind eye to the blatant interference and counting the three. After a play up on the end of the streak, eventually it is announced that the Undertaker is the winner by disqualification.

Rock vs Cena- The expected match takes place, but this time there is an NWO run in with Cena turning true heel and joining the NWO and the NWO cutting a promo that they now run wrestling, they own all the titles and they just ruined Wrestlemania main event and since they were now in charge this has been the last Wrestlemania next year with the No Way Out NWO pay per view.

This would leave Cena, Mizz, Dibiase, Big Show and Rhodes continuing the NWO, with the original members stepping away and only making a few cameos throughout the year. And as with the original NWO they would continue to recruit and dominate. I see a group of WWE guys stepping up to challenge, a reformation of the original Nexus to challenge the NWO, Maybe Vicki Guererro would reform the Luchadore World Order. Eventually, it would go on for at least a year maybe longer, with Brodus Clay building up a Goldberg style streak and eventually being the one to bring back the World Title to the WWE.

Well that is what i would do anyway.
facepalm.jpg
facepalm-fox-news-links-bulletstorm-to-rape
facepalm-fox-news-links-bulletstorm-to-rape

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
If they waste the logical storyline for the Danieslon Punk feud on an overrated has been like Jericho I'm going spew.

That was so kayfabe it was embarrassing.

It's Jericho but I hope it's Taker, not that I give two shits about Taker.

Big Pete

Referee
Jericho was great during his 2008-10 run but I'd hate to see him return this early.

These promos have been very interesting but unless it's the McMahons bringing some changes to the WWE then I can't see the outcome being that exciting.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Jericho was great during his 2008-10 run but I'd hate to see him return this early.

These promos have been very interesting but unless it's the McMahons bringing some changes to the WWE then I can't see the outcome being that exciting.
Jericho was great in WCW and following on from there.

He's 2008-2010 run not so much.

I don't care that the IWC splodges over him because the vast majority of them don't know what they are talking about.

Big Pete

Referee
I didn't think all that much of Jericho's initial WWE run. He seemed lost at sea until the WCW cavalry arrived and even then it took his constant barbs at Steph to get him over. Teaming those two up was the worst thing they could have done and aside from good programs with Michaels and Christian that run turned out very lackluster.

In his recent run I got the sense Jericho was more confident of who he was and so he had the composure to be a true heel while still being entertaining. I thought his programs with Michaels, Mysterio and the Legends hold up as some of the best in his career and I don't think his in-ring work suffered at all.