What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese superstars confirmed for Arc..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/ne...erstars-confirmed-for-arc/1693896/racingnews/

Japanese superstars confirmed for Arc

BY MASAKAZU TAKAHASHI 7:34AM 24 JUL 2014

JAPAN look to have a great chance of winning their first Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe after trainer Naosuke Sugai confirmed top older horses Just A Way and Gold Ship for the Longchamp spectacular.

Winning Europe's richest race has become the ultimate goal for Japanese horsemen after a series of agonising defeats.

In 1999 El Condor Pasa was reeled in by the mighty Montjeu, while Nakayama Festa found only a Ryan Moore-inspired Workforce too good four years ago. The talented, but quirky, Orfevre looked set to score in 2012, but idled when in control, handing the race to Solemia.

However, in Just A Way, Gold Ship and star three-year-old filly Harp Star, Japan have three leading chances of capturing the Arc.

A breathtaking winner of the Dubai Duty Free in March, Just A Way is rated the best horse in the world and is 10-1 for the Arc.

Gold Ship, who last month became the first horse to win the prestigious Takarazuka Kinen twice, is generally 20-1.

He will have a prep race for the Arc in the Grade 2 Sapporo Kinen on August 24 where he will clash with Harp Star, who is 12-1 for the Arc with British and Irish bookmakers.

Gold Ship will be partnered by Norihiro Yokoyama in the Arc with Yuichi f**kunaga on Just A Way, who heads straight to Paris having won the Yasuda Kinen over a mile last month.

The pair will travel to France two weeks before the Arc and will be based in Chantilly.

Sugai, who had voiced concerns about the enigmatic Gold Ship's suitability to travel, said: "I have decided to let the two go there together. They have a good relationship so it would work to keep them together.

"Just A Way will be able to run his best without a prep race and I plan to train him to get the trip in the Arc.

"Gold Ship will run in the Sapporo Kinen because his owner wants to let as many fans in Hokkaido see him."

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Just a Way and Gold Ship are quality horses but if Deep Impact,El Condor Pasa and Orfevre couldn't win the Arc than i can't seem them winning it,they are not at the same level as those 3.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Just a Way is pretty good..

Great 3yo fillies go well so i'm interested to see how Taghrooda goes against Telescope tomorrow night..

Sea the Moon is another i want to see again..