What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
hayne is great at running the ball back and the set plays that got him one on one out wide. The last few years we haven't had troubles making metres from the back without hayne. And our sweeping plays with Norman and our back rowers are pretty bloody good. So I reckon we have negated what Hayne did for us.

But I also think French may add more, Hayne was pretty lazy around the ruck following the ball. I think this is where French will be better then Hayne around following the ball, looking for the offload (like slater does ). There was a article the other week, where French mention what Gordon taught him. The fitness involved at fullback and always following the ruck - you might do it 20 times without anything, but on the 21st time you get the ball which can change the game.

But Hayne at his best was brilliant !!

phantom eel

First Grade
But I also think French may add more, Hayne was pretty lazy around the ruck following the ball.
Too right. I'll never forgive the guy for not putting in for half of each of those final two games in 2014, when we were in the eight and in control of our finals destiny. Hayne seemed to believe his own (origin series) hype and thought he only had to put minimum effort in to get us the result, but failed dismally. Now we know Hayne's thoughts were already elsewhere, and the merkin had clocked off from the Eels with over a year of his contract to spare.
But Hayne at his best was brilliant !!
True. And that's what makes the prick's over-hyped "journey" so detestable - he had so much goddamned talent, but was too busy planning which "dreams" to chase instead of using his talent to actually realise some deams with his team/club first!

Too right. I'll never forgive the guy for not putting in for half of each of those final two games in 2014, when we were in the eight and in control of our finals destiny. Hayne seemed to believe his own (origin series) hype and thought he only had to put minimum effort in to get us the result, but failed dismally. Now we know Hayne's thoughts were already elsewhere, and the merkin had clocked off from the Eels with over a year of his contract to spare.!

i wonder if he was already doing secret NFL training by then? if so it's no wonder he was running out of energy

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k=2a90179e2385e69fb1e493dfa06c6efb-1486982731

Former Gold Coast captains say Jarryd Hayne is a bad fit to lead Titans
374b068b4edf6d60e4c2aede088df3d3

Rikki-Lee Arnold and Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
February 13, 2017 9:14pm

374b068b4edf6d60e4c2aede088df3d3

FORMER Titans captains have warned against handing Jarryd Hayne a leadership role on the Gold Coast, declaring it would be detrimental to the long-term stability of the club.

Titans coach Neil Henry is expected to name his captains next week at the club’s season launch, with Hayne and young gun Kane Elgey frontrunners to share the role with tough forward Ryan James.

But respected former Titans co-captain Nathan Friend said Hayne was not the right man for the job.

“I don’t think he’s captain material,” said Friend, who retired last season.

“I don’t think he’s the fit for the job. It might detract from his individuality. He has enough to worry about.”

Star fullback Hayne sent shockwaves through the Gold Coast last week when he revealed he would consider offers from any sport and that he had to “look after his future” before signing an option with the Titans from 2018.

Foundation Titans co-captain Scott Prince was apprehensive to see Hayne get the job given he could take off at the end of the year.

Prince said while he had a lot of respect for Hayne, the Titans needed stability when it came to their leadership.

“Hayne is there to a do job and is the superstar they need,” Prince said.

“But I don’t know if he’s not going to be there long-term. That’s the feeling I get and how he’s portrayed himself.

“After this year, he may chase another challenge ... that’s his journey. You need someone to balance Ryan out.”

Both Prince and Friend liked the idea of Elgey as a leader, but said the 23-year-old needed another season or two before he was ready to take on that responsibility.

While they agreed he showed promise, Elgey has only played 16 NRL games and is on the comeback from a season-ending ACL injury that he suffered last year.

Friend backed Storm recruit Kevin Proctor to partner James, while Prince went in to bat for Zeb Taia.

Immortal and former Gold Coast Seagulls captain Wally Lewis said a leadership role could be used as a factor to entice Hayne to stay at the Titans.

But Hayne has shown his hand in the past, quitting his post as Eels co-captain to chase his NFL dream.

“If there were two captains I’d feel fairly confident in Hayne and James because of their experience and their ability,” Lewis said.

“While those hints that (Hayne) won’t be there next year may be a turn off to some, it could also be one of the magnetic reasons for him to stay.

“Blokes that are given those leadership roles, pride plays a major part in it.

“He’ll feel responsible to the club and his teammates and if he gets them into a position they’re happy with and he’s proud of, it would increase the probability of him staying.”

El Diablo

Post Whore
“Blokes that are given those leadership roles, pride plays a major part in it.

“He’ll feel responsible to the club and his teammates and if he gets them into a position they’re happy with and he’s proud of, it would increase the probability of him staying.”
lol

what's Wally been smoking?

Latest posts