What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Gronk

Staff member
Hypothetical guys:

BA decides we need a half for 2018. Hayne exercises his option and gets out of his Titans contract and offers his services at 6. Wants about $800 to $1 million under the cap. Would you take him?

For mine he burnt his bridges. He sledged us on exit and lied about how the Tits deal came about because he wasn't man enough to tell the truth.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hypothetical guys:

BA decides we need a half for 2018. Hayne exercises his option and gets out of his Titans contract and offers his services at 6. Wants about $800 to $1 million under the cap. Would you take him?

Personally, I wouldn't.

I think he has the ability to be a half, but he's just as untested there as the Guthbus.

Plus, Hayne comes with so much baggage.

In the Guthbus we trust.

strider

Post Whore
1m prob might not be huge money in 2 years ... but i wouldnt give him over 800k

But its all irrelevant because Gunco will be NSW #6 by then anyway

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I have the same feeling. I'm f**king pissed at him but he is a phenomenal player and could make the number 6 his own.

I think he could too. But does he want to play in the halves? It all come down to his effort. If he wanted to make a fist of it he could, that's the only way I would sign him back.

He would want good money too.

Tough call to make.

yy_cheng

Coach
Isn't Hunt getting $1M next year? Hayne would want heaps more. He might go on these 1 year deals and up it each year

Chipmunk

Coach
The Plane on anything less than $1million under a salary cap that is supposed to be going up to $10 million is good value.

phantom eel

First Grade
Hypothetical guys:

Do you still rate the guy Avenger? He had one good game out of six last year, and failed to build on the good one he had - a disappointing return to the code from such a talented "athlete".

So definitely not, and definitely not at that money - he's past it, and only a fool imo would say yes if Hayne approached us...
Fair enough.
I'd take him for that money.
Nothing more though.
Lol.

Avenger

Immortal
Do you still rate the guy Avenger? He had one good game out of six last year, and failed to build on the good one he had - a disappointing return to the code from such a talented "athlete".

So definitely not, and definitely not at that money - he's past it, and only a fool imo would say yes if Hayne approached us...

Lol.
Like I said earlier my head says no, I'd pass on him.

Latest posts